OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Media-downloader

<< < (3/3)

David McKenna:
 Hi Martin,

In theory, you should be able to install all versions of python by opening a command prompt window and typing:

yum update python

But when I did that, I got a massive amount of errors. ANPM did not work either - errors. The way I got it to update (after weeks of messing around) was to open ANPM, go to 'Manage'->'Repositories' and disable every repository (right click on one, then choose 'disable') EXCEPT netlabs-exp, then close ANPM. Then open a command prompt and type:

yum update python

It worked! Of course, re-enable the repositories after trying this. I can't tell you it will work for you because I don't even know why it worked for me, but it did:

[C:\]python
Python 3.9.5 (default, Feb 21 2022, 12:29:29)
[GCC 9.2.0 20190812 (OS/2 RPM build 9.2.0-5.oc00)] on os2knix
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

Regards,

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

FYI and also as note to myself  ;D

Tellie ported Media Downloader 2.9.0
- ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/qtapps/media-downloader-os2-2.9.0.7z

Just some notes to make it run:
- This run with python 3 that is on Netlabs-exp. According to some suggestion you need to remove netlabs-rel and just leave netlabs-exp to don't have issues installing python.
- Check the readme file
- Update first the "NetworkTimeOutInSeconds=300" on the program config file (read the readme)
- Run the program and wait for it to download yt-dlp
- Config the program on "Configure - Engine's default option". (read the readme).
- Test downloading a video from YouTube

If you got an error with yt-dlp reported on the program it will be good to test yt-dlp phyton script.
- After it downloaded yt-dlp. Go to "C:\home\.local\share\media-downloader\bin" and run "python yt-dlp --version" just to see if python is working fine with yt-dlp.
- If you get an error, you may have some version problems with python. 

Now Media-downloader is working for me.

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Hello

Tellie updated Media-Downloader:
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/qtapps/media-downloader-3.3.0-os2.7z

I will check how to make it run and if there is any change from the latest version on the instructions.

Regards

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on August 29, 2023, 09:17:06 pm ---Hello

Tellie updated Media-Downloader:
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/qtapps/media-downloader-3.3.0-os2.7z

I will check how to make it run and if there is any change from the latest version on the instructions.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Hello, I got back to this subject. It finally worked here on my ArcaOS 5.1.0 VM.

1) You need to pull the trick to install python 2.7 and python 3. Ref: https://mantis.arcanoae.com/view.php?id=3523
- In ANPM I went to "Available - RPM"
- I selected "python2.7", "python3", "python-unversioned-command" and run "Install".

2) Following the old "Media-Downloader" readme:

--- Quote ---n OS2 we cant have utf8 filenames, and we need to stick with ascii, that's why we need to add --restrict-filenames

Go to Configure tab.
Go to Engines's Default Options tab.
At the Engine's Name drop down list, select an engine you want to change its option.
At the "Options To Add" text field, add  --newline --ignore-config --no-playlist --restrict-filenames -o %(title).200s-%(id)s.%(ext)s
Click Add.
Right click the newly added entry and then select Set As Default.
--- End quote ---

And it worked for me, it downloaded the "yt-dlp runtime" automatically, and I was able to get a YouTube Video downloaded.

But on this version I can not longer find the "media-downloader.conf" to add "NetworkTimeOutInSeconds=300". But it worked for me.

Regards

TeLLie:
Hi,
It should be in..
C:\Home\.local\share\media-downloader\settings\settings.ini
NetworkTimeOutInSeconds=300

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version