OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Media-downloader

<< < (2/3) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I'm having a lot of problems to install python3 on a new ArcaOS 5.0.7 I created. A lot of errrors with "yum". I can no longer install media-downloader.

I remember that I run media-dowloader before and let it run for a while until it downloads yt-dlp by itself. But sadly I can not longer test it on this VM.

Regards

Dave Yeo:
Hi Martin, you need to update Python on netlabs-rel before enabling netlabs-exp

Hi David, media-downloader seems broken when it comes to downloading yt-dlp. Use wget to download it from the URL shown in media-downloader to the directory also shown in media-downloader, here F:/home/dave/.local/share/media-downloader/bin and restart media-downloader, which I had to kill here as it didn't want to exit.
Test yt-dlp before restarting by running it as python yt-dlp --version or --help or giving it a youtube URL, eg "python yt-dlp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFFUT_WWpI"
Media-downloader does seem broken here hanging with,

--- Code: ---[media-downloader] cmd: "f:/Home/dave/.local/share/media-downloader/bin/yt-dlp" "--newline" "--ignore-config" "--no-playlist" "-o" "%(title).200s-%(id)s.%(ext)s" "--progress-template" "download:[download] %(progress._percent_str)s of %(progress._total_bytes_str)s at %(progress._speed_str)s ETA %(progress._eta_str)s" "--progress-template" "postprocess:DoneDownloading" "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFFUT_WWpI"
[code]
--- End code ---

Dave Yeo:
OK, I think one problem is that media-downloader expects yt-dlp to be executable.
Copy it to yt-dlp.cmd and at the top of the file add

--- Code: ---extproc k:\usr\bin\python.exe

--- End code ---
adjust path to where your python is installed, perhaps c:\usr\bin\python.exe
Now it almost runs, with python failing like this,

--- Code: ---[media-downloader] cmd: "f:/Home/dave/.local/share/media-downloader/bin/yt-dlp.cmd" "--newline" "--ignore-config" "--no-playlist" "-o" "%(title).200s-%(id)s.%(ext)s" "--progress-template" "download:[download] %(progress._percent_str)s of %(progress._total_bytes_str)s at %(progress._speed_str)s ETA %(progress._eta_str)s" "--progress-template" "postprocess:DoneDownloading" "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFFUT_WWpI"
k:\usr\bin\python.exe: can't open file 'F:/home/dave/yt-dlp.cmd': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

--- End code ---

Seems python can't get past .local, on *nix a leading dot makes a file hidden, so we copy yt-dlp.cmd to %HOME% or f:\home\dave here and we get,

--- Code: ---[media-downloader] cmd: "f:/Home/dave/.local/share/media-downloader/bin/yt-dlp.cmd" "--newline" "--ignore-config" "--no-playlist" "-o" "%(title).200s-%(id)s.%(ext)s" "--progress-template" "download:[download] %(progress._percent_str)s of %(progress._total_bytes_str)s at %(progress._speed_str)s ETA %(progress._eta_str)s" "--progress-template" "postprocess:DoneDownloading" "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFFUT_WWpI"
[youtube] QJFFUT_WWpI: Downloading webpage
[youtube] QJFFUT_WWpI: Downloading android player API JSON
[info] QJFFUT_WWpI: Downloading 1 format(s): 248+251
[download] Destination: Ladyva - Quarantine Boogie-QJFFUT_WWpI.f248.webm
[download] 100% of 38.28MiB at NA ETA NA
[download] Destination: Ladyva - Quarantine Boogie-QJFFUT_WWpI.f251.webm
[download] 100% of 1.78MiB at NA ETA NA
[media-downloader] Done downloading
[Merger] Merging formats into "Ladyva - Quarantine Boogie-QJFFUT_WWpI.webm"

--- End code ---

So I guess Python has a bug with directories with a leading dot not being seen or perhaps expected behaviour.

Edit, quit now works here.

Edit:

--- Code: ---extproc %UNIXROOT%\usr\bin\python.exe
--- End code ---
works as well for yt-dlp.cmd and is portable.

TeLLie:
Hi all

You need to download the youtube and the yt-dlp it takes sometimes to get it download
Also python3 is needed
For me those 2 engines workes
[media-downloader] *****************************************************
[media-downloader] To Disable These Checks, Do The Following:-
[media-downloader] 1. Go To "Configure" Tab.
[media-downloader] 2. Go To "General Options" Sub Tab.
[media-downloader] 3. Uncheck "Show Version Info When Starting".
[media-downloader] Failed to find executable "aria2c"
[media-downloader] Error, executable to backend "aria2c" could not be found
[media-downloader] Checking installed version of yt-dlp
[media-downloader] Found version: 2022.04.08
[media-downloader] Checking installed version of wget
[media-downloader] Found version: 1.20.3
[media-downloader] Checking installed version of youtube-dl
[media-downloader] Found version: 2021.12.17
[media-downloader] Checking installed version of yt-dlp-ffmpeg
[media-downloader] Found version: 2022.04.08
[media-downloader] Checking installed version of ffmpeg
[media-downloader] Found version: 4.2.2
[media-downloader] cmd: "C:/Home/.local/share/media-downloader/bin/youtube-dl" "--newline" "--ignore-config" "--no-playlist" "-o" "%(title).200s-%(id)s.%(ext)s" "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b2eJweOY10"
[youtube] 5b2eJweOY10: Downloading webpage
[youtube] Downloading just video 5b2eJweOY10 because of --no-playlist
[download] Destination: Zo gaat S10 om met podiumblunder Songfestival-5b2eJweOY10.f137.mp4
[download]   8.5% of 40.75MiB at 50.93KiB/s ETA 12:29

Like Dave say there is some trouble with the python3 charmap
RROR: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\u3010' in position 0: character maps to <undefined>

I have some files downloaded with yl-dlp

But most would be downloaded ok with youtube

David McKenna:
 Hi Tellie,

I get this:

[media-downloader] To Disable These Checks, Do The Following:-
[media-downloader] 1. Go To "Configure" Tab.
[media-downloader] 2. Go To "General Options" Sub Tab.
[media-downloader] 3. Uncheck "Show Version Info When Starting".
[media-downloader] Failed to find executable "aria2c"
[media-downloader] Error, executable to backend "aria2c" could not be found
[media-downloader] Start Downloading yt-dlp ... ... ...
[media-downloader] Downloading: https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases/download/2022.03.08/yt-dlp
[media-downloader] Destination: D:/HOME/.local/share/media-downloader/bin/yt-dlp.tmp

and it just sits there forever. yt-dlp.tmp is 0 bytes. Could it be because my 'Home' directory is on a different drive from my %UNIXROOT%?

Regards,

EDIT: wait a minute - I let it sit for a half hour, then it actually downloaded something and now appears to have some functions! Gotta try it out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version