Public Discussions > Off Topic discussions

Slowing Down But Not Hitting the Brakes

(1/3) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Guys

I just want to share with you something off-topic and personal. Last friday (2022-05-06) my father passed away and I had been quite busy dealing with that issue.

My father worked for IBM since the 70’s till 1999 and I learned a lot of things from him that I used in my career and personal life. Thanks to him I learned OS/2 at its time and studied Computer Science. He was a great man and it had been a great loss for me and my family.

During this month I will be dealing with the usual local bureaucracy and taking a closer look to the family business with my brother.

I will be slowing down a little bit with OS2World during the next month, but I will keep connecting to check on a few things, slowly updating the hobbes archive, and I still have on my plans to assist Warpstock 2022 and stream the event with the help of the community.

Thanks to everyone for their condolence via e-mail and social networks.

Regards

Eugene Tucker:
Condolences and prayers to you and your family

Sean Casey:
I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Wishing you/your family peace during this difficult time.

Ibrahim Hakeem:
Anyone that had a hand in your making is a fantastic human being in my books, Martin. Sincerest condolences for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Tom:
My condolances to you and ypur family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version