OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Warp3 boot hang with blinking cursor after fp38 installation

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ian Manners:
Try the PS/2 newsgroups as well.

comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
or
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Someone there maybe able to point you to what you need.

whaka:
thank you.
i asked there, and let you know if something new.

whaka:
hi,
some news... i still can't tell what happen exactly, but it might be the TI 486 SXLC2 having some troubles with OS/2.
but i can't easily swap with the original 386, as i soldered the TI and don't plan roll back anyway.

i have a model 55sx with a 486SXLC2, and also give me troubles with warp 3 installation too. (and with OS/2 2.11 too)
and a model 70 using a 486SXLC2 too, and with the same troubles as the 55sx, but as the 70 use a PGA cpu, i can confirm rolling back to the 386 solve the issue.
so, seems OS/2 don't really like thoses hybrid cpu...

Lars:
turn off BIOS shadowing. That is something that was relevant for DOS as it made extensive use of the BIOS.
And I seem to remember that that could lead to timing issues, also with newer kernels.
Then I can remember from long time ago that I had to rejumper a setting on an ET4000 ISA graphics card but I guess you should not have that kind of problem as you have MCA bus, correct?

Lars:
I see that you have ISA bus and S3 card. If you can find any documentation on it, look for jumpers that have influence on signal timing. With OS/2 you will always have to go with default timings, never use any "performance tweak" crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version