OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Warp3 boot hang with blinking cursor after fp38 installation

<< < (2/4) > >>

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: Eugene Tucker on May 16, 2022, 05:13:54 pm ---Been a long time for me since I have run Warp 3 but I think there is something or somethings you may have to turn off in the Bios. anyone remember?

--- End quote ---

If I remember correctly, early Warp 3 needed to have a BIOS setting (something about booting OS/2 warp) set on, and later versions (including later Warp 3 fix packs) needed that set off. Try both ways, if you find it.

whaka:

--- Quote from: Tom on May 16, 2022, 09:39:10 pm ---Just asking to be sure: the machine booted normally before the fixpak was installed?

--- End quote ---
yes, never got any issues before fixpak installation.

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on May 16, 2022, 10:13:59 pm ---If I remember correctly, early Warp 3 needed to have a BIOS setting (something about booting OS/2 warp) set on, and later versions (including later Warp 3 fix packs) needed that set off. Try both ways, if you find it.

--- End quote ---

there's no options related to operating system in bios, as i said, this is a PS/2 and it's supposed to be supported by warp 3.
the only bios option i know about OS/2 is related to ram over 64MB. pre warp 4 need it, warp 4 and above not.
and of course, it's not the problem here, as it's a 386sx bus, maximum is 16MB.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---there's no options related to operating system in bios, as i said, this is a PS/2 and it's supposed to be supported by warp 3.
the only bios option i know about OS/2 is related to ram over 64MB. pre warp 4 need it, warp 4 and above not.
and of course, it's not the problem here, as it's a 386sx bus, maximum is 16MB.
--- End quote ---

That is the setting that needs to change.

Ian Manners:
Hi Doug,

BIOS option related to ram over 64MB doesnt exist on a 386 PS/2
I vaguely remember something about the later FP3x's that required a fix or something for PS/2's, easy answer was I think a jump straight to FP40.
It's so many decades now my memories a bit murky on this.

I gifted my remaining PS/2's last year prior to my move from Perth to Melbourne, one was a IBM PS/2 Model 70 with Warp3 but no idea what FP level it was.

whaka:

--- Quote from: Ian Manners on May 17, 2022, 04:09:16 am ---I vaguely remember something about the later FP3x's that required a fix or something for PS/2's, easy answer was I think a jump straight to FP40.

--- End quote ---

fp40 seems to not exist for french version, it's nowhere on ibm ftp. thoses still available from ibm for french localized are 32, 35, 38.
but good to know, i'll dig the question about fix for PS/2's, maybe it's still somewhere on the net :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version