OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

No files in network folders workplace shell

<< < (3/3)

jacco123:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on May 22, 2022, 09:36:14 pm ---Hi

I was told that on the old Compuserve forums there where peope hired for FUD that usually post something not working about OS/2 (focusing on the weak spot), complain a lot, didn't have any patience and at the end say they are switching to Windows.

I would belive that on this case, but the OS wars were over a lot of years ago.

Jacco, welcome to the OS2World forum, do you want help with you OS/2 system? or just want to complain and FUD?

Warp 4 is very old, I would recommend you to at least to use Warp 4.52 or ArcaOS.
The out of the box file sharing on OS/2 (NETBIOS?), is not that compatible with Windows on purpose, becase Microsoft didn't want people with OS/2 can play nice with Windows, since they don't tolerate competition.

I have no idea how to install Samba on Warp 4, since it is very old, and we are using Warp 4.52, eComStaiton or ArcaOS. If you Warp 4 has an important business application that is used in producction I recommend to back up it first.

Regards

--- End quote ---

I want help of course . I have try it with warp server for ebusiness and it is the same problem . arcaos is not ready for my old pentium 2 with 128mb .

Pete:
Hi jacco123

I seem to recall this problem from many years ago and the answer is possibly related to Windows lan settings - something to do with LM ANNOUNCE...

A quick hunt using google gives this "how to" which seems to agree with me  https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?topic=2339.0

Hopefully that will be of help.

Regards

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version