OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

VLC Stutters on 5.0.7

<< < (2/2)

R.M. Klippstein:
Thank you Andreus, That got it for me , I'm now back to crappy MP3 & MP3 sound, but guess I have to live with it.

Hey Dave, I don't understand your post. Are you saying the SB16PNP should have worked? If so I must have missed something ?

Thanks  klipp

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: R.M. Klippstein on June 03, 2022, 09:54:54 pm ---Thank you Andreus, That got it for me , I'm now back to crappy MP3 & MP3 sound, but guess I have to live with it.

Hey Dave, I don't understand your post. Are you saying the SB16PNP should have worked? If so I must have missed something ?

Thanks  klipp

--- End quote ---

Sure, why not? It's a 16 bit sound card unlike the original SB so should work fine. You might need "SET KAI_AUTOMODE=DART" without the quotes in your environment for programs using libkai and of course the correct driver, seems there were various ones for the SB16.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---Are you saying the SB16PNP should have worked? If so I must have missed something ?
--- End quote ---

Possibly. You initially said you were using VLC. That thing is a bit of a challenge to install, because of the way it is packaged. I prefer PM123, which is easy to install https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/sound/players/PM123_1-42.exe

I am listening to MP3 files, from VBox in win 10, using the SB16PNP device for ArcaOS, and PM123, as I type. Sound is not very good, because the speakers in the laptop are not very good. Plug in better speakers, and it sounds much better. Definitely no breakup. Note that I do need to turn up the volume to 100%, or it is not loud enough to hear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version