OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

WIFI on Lenovo W520

<< < (2/2)

Doug Bissett:
I don't know what the W520 does, but my L530 does not have a manual switch for the radio (which usually only enables/disables, enabling the radio). It does not work, because there is no way to turn on the radio. I can load a driver, using GENMAC, and it acts exactly like a wired NIC, when there is no cable plugged in (think of it as the radio replaces the cable). I can assign an IP address, and ping it, but that is about all that can be done.

In windows, there is an additional driver, that appears to use ACPI to turn on/off the radio. We have no such thing.

If I boot to Linux Mint Cinnamon, the device works, and when I shut down Linux, it does leave the LED on. It remains on after booting to ArcaOS, but it seems that the LED, and the radio enable, are not actually connected, in any way. Again, I don't know if the W520 is the same as the L530.

You may want to review the information at: ftp://genmac@ftp.os2voice.org/ (the pasword is "unsupported", all lower case, and no quotes), if you haven't done so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version