Author Topic: New builds of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey  (Read 25788 times)

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
Re: New builds of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2022, 06:02:53 pm »

You are welcome to the rain, though it looks like it is leading to a state of emergency with the snow melt. Still grey, wet and cold here, just had to light a fire, which is almost never needed in June. At least the cold has slowed down the snowmelt here.
Good luck and hopefully no flooding

Not near me, Sir - although I live on Cooking Lake it is actually like a big slough - no inflow, no outflow, no riparian flow - all the years of drought have caused it to recede about 400 feet so we'd need metres of water coming down to m,ake a dent.

They also have the manholes in our hamlet about 2 feet above the ground, so pretty well just sewage flow - the water is still just being sucked into the soil, for which I am thankful.

As to fires - Anne and I enjoy a natural fire but because its not our primary source of heating - may have one in the fireplace today just for fun.  8)

Best!

M
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2022, 08:24:44 pm »
Well, anyways, if anyone is interested I uploaded the SM 10.3.0 build to https://sourceforge.net/projects/cc-os2/files/

Glad you got this working Dave!
Hello
This version is the first that does not give me any log error, it does not close !!

I have been waiting for several days to confirm that it does not close, because on previous occasions I have given false hopes.

I was testing an idea of something that improved the previous versions a bit. And with this version has worked.

I had been thinking that you have what I think is an error in some old compiler,
or the kernel stuck when interpreting some values, mainly 16 bits,
causing the programs to fail mysteriously. Programs that are well done, failed.

What is the patch?
In changing the values in memory of the DLLS and the exes that have the value 5B for 238 (safer not to have failures during the tests)
or by 1 (everything works faster)

I understand that EXEs except that they have the same computer and load the same should erase them from my application,
and calculate you with theseus4 and the L5B.CMD program that I leave.

The way to apply the patch is to execute the three QBASIC files in three sessions of DOS-win in different windows.
I think the execution order is indistinct.

A more detailed explanation of how to use theseus4 and the L5B.cmd program I leave it in a read -.txt

Saludos

Andi B.

• View Profile
Now and then Seamonkey or TB traps here. But usually I don't thinking about posting or try to analyze the trap report as there are to many processes running at the same time so I see not much help in doing so. But today I see SM vanishing just after a clean boot and at a state where I didn't start any other resource demanding application. I only started SM with the email client and opened some not very demanding web sites (os2.org, os2world.com). Beside that I opened MED. Shared mem always was above 160kB - more than safe. So maybe this trap report is of some help. If not, please ignore.

I think I run Daves latest stable SM.
Code: [Select]
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; Warp 4.5; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.42.9esr
Build-Identifikator: 20220111074847

about:buildconfig
Build platform
target
i386-pc-os2-emx
Build tools
Compiler Version Compiler flags
gcc.exe 9.2.0 -Wall -Wempty-body -Wpointer-to-int-cast -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wno-unused -Wcast-align -Zomf -std=gnu99 -fgnu89-inline -fno-strict-aliasing -Zomf -fno-math-errno -pthread
c++ 9.2.0 -idirafter K:/usr/include/os2tk45 -Wall -Wempty-body -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsign-compare -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wcast-align -Zomf -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -Zomf -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -std=gnu++0x -pthread -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -march=pentium4 -mtune=generic -O2 -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wclass-memaccess -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer
Configure arguments

--with-l10n-base=k:/work/de --enable-application=suite --with-system-zlib --with-system-bz2 --disable-tests '--enable-optimize=-march=pentium4 -mtune=generic -O2 -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wclass-memaccess -msse2' --disable-mochitest --disable-installer --disable-updater --disable-debug --enable-debug-symbols --enable-system-cairo --enable-system-pixman --enable-os2-high-mem --disable-crashreporter --enable-calendar --with-intl-api --with-system-icu --with-system-nss --with-system-nspr --with-system-libvpx --disable-system-sqlite --enable-release --prefix=/usr --disable-telemetry --disable-devtools --disable-crashreporter --disable-gamepad --disable-updater --disable-webrtc --with-external-source-dir=Y:/work/cc45-git

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2022, 11:47:47 am »
Might be worth trying the GCC10 build from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cc-os2/files/

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2022, 12:19:45 pm »
Might be worth trying the GCC10 build from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cc-os2/files/
Problem is reproducibility. SM or TB crashes here about once a day. Most of the time while running OpenOffice and/or VBOX and much more in parallel. It was a one time event I saw today when SM crashes within minutes after boot.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2022, 05:19:54 pm »
Looks like something went wrong while the JavaScript engine was doing garbage collection (compacting memory), used to happen a lot, seldom now. The code is pretty complex and beyond my capabilities. Could also be a problem within libcn but without that debug data...

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2022, 06:16:07 pm »
Could also be a problem within libcn but without that debug data...
Should I install something? Or is it useless to think more about it cause javascript...? I mean no big problem here. SM is usable. If the version I installed is the most stable version we have, I'm fine. Thanks.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2022, 07:55:26 pm »
It's a good idea to install the debug packages for libcn and libcx, even if for other issues you might come across.
It is possible the GCC 10.x build is more stable due to GCC fixes, they seem pretty similar here.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2022, 11:09:45 pm »
It is possible the GCC 10.x build is more stable due to GCC fixes, they seem pretty similar here.

Speaking of GCC, they released 10.4 a week or two ago, I'll try and find time to build it...

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2022, 10:52:01 am »

Speaking of GCC, they released 10.4 a week or two ago, I'll try and find time to build it...

Well,they supply a 10.3.0-10.4.0 patch file, which made it trivially easy to update.

Builds itself - https://smedley.id.au/tmp/gcc-10.4.0-os2-20220711.zip

Cheers,

Paul

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2022, 03:11:11 pm »

I think the intent is there, but the latest TB release (thunderbird-45.8.0-2022-06-18.en-US.os2.zip) reports itself as:

Compiler Version Compiler flags
gcc.exe 9.4.0 -Wall -Wempty-body -Wpointer-to-int-cast -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wno-unused -Wcast-align -Zomf -std=gnu99 -fgnu89-inline -fno-strict-aliasing -Zomf -fno-math-errno -pthread
c++ 9.4.0 -idirafter K:/usr/include/os2tk45 -Wall -Wempty-body -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsign-compare -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wcast-align -Zomf -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -Zomf -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wclass-memaccess -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -std=gnu++0x -pthread -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -march=pentium4 -mtune=generic -O2 -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wclass-memaccess -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer

So at least my impression here is that this is a GCC9.4.0 build.

Regardless, it appears to be more stable than the previous GCC9.2.0 build (thunderbird-45.8.0.en-US-P4-30-01-22.os2.zip) that would cause some weird hangs in FF.

Not sure why, but for what it's worth, I tried running both ways:

1) leave all the prepackaged DLLs in place
2) remove all the intree NSPR4 and NSS DLLs and use the system-wide stuff that's deployed in \usr\lib instead

In both cases the GCC9.2.0 drop was iffy, but GCC9.4.0 is markedly better.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2022, 01:02:56 am »
Only the builds with gcc10 in the filename are from GCC10, so as far as I can tell, that's just seamonkey...

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2022, 03:21:07 am »
OTOH, I forgot that I uploaded the 9.4.0 build of TB :) And I screwed up the name.
Now I'm having problems building. Did a bunch of merging as I had to many branches and repulled Mozilla and then forgot to do the other stuff needed to make SM build which left me staring at a never before seen error, especially since I didn't pass --enable-extensions to configure
3:50.91 configure: error: Unrecognized extension provided to --enable-extensions: inspector.
Now building FF, I'm reminded that I didn't restore extensions like inspector and Chatzilla nor rerun autoconf a couple of places. Still a couple of things missing, thanks to backups they're being replaced so should have a 10.4.0 build of Firefox then SM eventually, plus the source at Sourceforge buildable.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2022, 06:46:42 am »
Well the build died with,
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h: In constructor 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::TypedOrValueRegister(js::jit::MIRType, js::jit::AnyRegister)':
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:177:19: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::U::U()'
  177 |       : type_(type)
      |                   ^
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:167:11: note: 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::U::U()' is implicitly deleted because the default definition would be ill-formed:
  167 |     union U {
      |           ^
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:169:22: error: union member 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::U::value' with non-trivial 'js::jit::ValueOperand::ValueOperand()'
  169 |         ValueOperand value;
      |                      ^~~~~
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h: In constructor 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::TypedOrValueRegister(js::jit::ValueOperand)':
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:183:28: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::U::U()'
  183 |       : type_(MIRType_Value)
      |                            ^
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h: In constructor 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::ConstantOrRegister()':
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:241:5: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::U::U()'
  241 |     {}
      |     ^
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:224:11: note: 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::U::U()' is implicitly deleted because the default definition would be ill-formed:
  224 |     union U {
      |           ^
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:224:11: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::TypedOrValueRegister()'
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:174:5: note: 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::TypedOrValueRegister()' is implicitly deleted because the default definition would be ill-formed:
  174 |     TypedOrValueRegister() = default;
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:174:5: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister::U::U()'
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h: In constructor 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::ConstantOrRegister(JS::Value)':
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:244:23: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::U::U()'
  244 |       : constant_(true)
      |                       ^
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h: In constructor 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::ConstantOrRegister(js::jit::TypedOrValueRegister)':
Y:/work/cc45-git/mozilla/js/src/jit/RegisterSets.h:250:24: error: use of deleted function 'js::jit::ConstantOrRegister::U::U()'
  250 |       : constant_(false)

Have to check if it still compiles with 9.2.0 in case of a merge failure, which is doubtful. I did find fixes for assertions with GCC 6 which might apply, starting from here, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1245783 it's a shame they did a "won't fix for 45ESR"

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2022, 04:39:38 pm »
Same error with 9.2.0 and further study shows it is a bad merge :(
Have to fix and hope history isn't too far gone.