Public Discussions > Off Topic discussions

Lying low for a few days

<< < (3/4) > >>

Mark Szkolnicki:
Heh Paul

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on June 19, 2022, 11:34:53 am ---Hey All...

I'm going to be lying low for a few days....

What an honour and a privilege it is has been to have been owned and loved by such a special boy.
Hudson Bestest Boi Smedley 22/4/2010 - 19/6/2022

--- End quote ---

Was reading this weekend about the deluges pummeling Sydney and other areas on the Australian east coast, and was hoping you we're not in the vicinity.

Currently in the last two weeks near Edmonton, Alberta, I've recorded 205 mm of rainfall in my rain gauges on-site, with more coming - after 12 years of drought in 18 out here. That represents three times the rain that we have last year in all of summer combined. Luckily for us its all still being sucked into the grateful ground as the water table is still pretty deep

Here's hoping your not building an Ark, Sir, and Best!

Mark

Paul Smedley:
Hey Mark,

--- Quote from: Mark Szkolnicki on July 06, 2022, 12:21:51 am ---Was reading this weekend about the deluges pummeling Sydney and other areas on the Australian east coast, and was hoping you we're not in the vicinity.

--- End quote ---

I'm in Adelaide - we're about 2000 km from the wild weather in Sydney. I have some work colleagues who have been impacted - but it's been dry here. We are forecast for 10-15mm on Monday - but that's about it :)

Cheers,

Paul.

Sigurd Fastenrath:
I really do know, what you mean, Paul  :'(

The day we buy a dog we do know the time to say good bye will come, sooner or later. But once that day comes, it is really hard.

Life goes on, remembering the good times we had with him makes things easier.

And the prospect that there may be someone new who will never replace the previous one, but who can open a new chapter.

Argos, forever in our hearts!

Ian Manners:
Going to be my dogs turn soon I think. He's 17, reasonably blind and deaf now but still enjoys his walks though arthritis is creeping in now.
They are worth it, giving more companionship and joy than the sadness at the end, I would never be without them.

Sigurd Fastenrath:
The same goes for us, Ian! Perfect words!

Argos had just recovered from cruciate ligament surgery and was diagnosed with a heart tumor 7 days ago. We had him released from the doctor on Sunday after he didn't want to eat or drink. He clearly showed us that he was ready on Sunday and could no longer and didn't want to. His breeder has already contacted us, coincidentally she just has a new litter of boys. Let's see, I don't think we will be without a dog for long.

But Argos will allways remain for us as the one and only Argos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version