OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Problem creating PS files after running ArcaOS Package Manager Update

(1/3) > >>

Martin Vieregg:
I have got two ArcaOS installations. On one I have processed ArcaOS Package Manger update, on the other not. The updated system has now problems with generating PS files. When creating a PS file from an application, the PS file is larger than normal. When executing Ghostscript to generate a PDF file, the size is much higher than normal and fonts, both Type 1 and Truetype, gets an ugly bitmap replacement.

These printing/PS/PDF related packages are still identical on both systems:
cups* 2.2.13-1
cups-filters* 1.25.6-1
fontconfig 2.13.1-4
fontconfig-legacy 2.11.94-1
ghostscript 9.18-7
ghostcript-fonts 6.0-1
gutenprint* 5.3.3-2

Which other packages can cause this problem? I have to find the package which is responsible for this problem.

Tom:

--- Quote from: Martin Vieregg on June 22, 2022, 04:35:02 pm ---I have got two ArcaOS installations. On one I have processed ArcaOS Package Manger update, on the other not. The updated system has now problems with generating PS files. When creating a PS file from an application, the PS file is larger than normal. When executing Ghostscript to generate a PDF file, the size is much higher than normal and fonts, both Type 1 and Truetype, gets an ugly bitmap replacement.

--- End quote ---

Why not check the file anpm.log for entries around the date and time of the update after which the trouble started?
Look for lines that start with "Executing:" which contain as name of the executed script yum_update.py
They will tell you which packages were updated, and wether the updated succeded or failed.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Try what Tom suggest, but you could get there in a slightly easier way:

1) run 'yum history'
2) pick the transaction ID that's closest to the time you think when the problem started
3) run 'yum history info ID', where ID= what you found above

...that will show you the details of what package was updated.

Martin Vieregg:
I made only one update session and then the problem occurs. I think it is the best way to run the update packages step-by-step und to observe if PS/PDF is working or not. I will report here.

ivan:
Maybe I'm getting slow in my old age but I wonder why you are doing a two step operation to get a PDF file - why not go directly to the PDF?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version