Author Topic: Back to ARCA  (Read 4003 times)

Rick Smith

• View Profile
Back to ARCA
« on: July 04, 2022, 10:01:57 pm »
Greetings All,

I am giving Arca another go on my thinkpad 430s and there are a couple things I know I figured out before but cant seem to remember how to today.  One my touch pad works as expected but cannot use it to scroll? Was this ever working or was I imagining that?  Also there is a way to drill down into folders without opening a new window, I just dont recall how to do that... I did get it to work with my 1080 laptop screen that I installed so thats awesome!

Glad to be back, Hope everyone is well

Regards,

Rick

Matt Walsh

• View Profile
Re: Back to ARCA
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 03:48:14 pm »
About your scrolling, I can't help as I use a USB mouse.  For drilling down I just double click on the folder and put up with lots of windows, but if I'm working on files I just use the FC/2 program as a one screen file handler.  Using it means I rarely  have to just open folders directlly.  Just a thought.
Matt W

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 04:29:11 pm »
When you use Shift + Enter to open an object, it opens that object and at the same time closes the parent object that contains the object you just opened.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 04:41:33 pm »
Open the Drives Properties, go to Window and on the first page click Display existing window and on the 2nd page choose the automatic close folder you want?

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 07:00:16 pm »
Another option is to use the 'Xview' view of a folder. Subfolders started from its tree open in the same window. You can make that default via System Setup -> Workplace Shell, "Folder Views" tab, Default folder view: (o) Xview
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 09:53:19 pm by Andreas Schnellbacher »