Public Discussions > General Discussion

It's a sad day...

<< < (2/5) > >>

ChrisGWarp:

--- Quote from: Ian Manners on July 19, 2022, 05:13:49 pm ---
--- Quote ---May I ask what keyboard you've got in IMG_6067? I have the sudden itch to add one to my legacy workbench.
--- End quote ---

Looks like its same one I'm typing this on, an IBM Model M :)

--- End quote ---

Here ya go. They are USB ones, and identify as an IBM Enhanced Keyboard. Never managed to get the drivers specifically for them to install on W10 though. Always some weird error. But, it works as I'm trying this. :)

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Chris

Your IBM black keyboard remind me the "IBM SK-8809 Multimedia USB Keyboard" that I used to have long time ago. Yours seems to be a newer one with the "IBM Access" key.

Nice memories.

Regards

ChrisGWarp:
(At the risk of going off topic, and making this a virtualisation/migration issue)
The only oddity that I can see, is some weirdness around the WPS.
For example, if I open up the desktop settings, go to the Background tab, and click on Find... it goes... nowhere. Even if I limit it to the root (uncheck the Search Subdis checkbox button) it sits there forever.
I even power on the original box, and that works. :(
So has anyone any suggestions about what could be going wrong?
The box is running on a Lenovo P53, and runs like lightening.
Except for some WPS stuff. I'm still able to open folders, create and save archives etc.
So far, it's just the search that seems odd.
-Chris

ChrisGWarp:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on July 20, 2022, 04:11:04 am ---Hi Chris

Your IBM black keyboard remind me the "IBM SK-8809 Multimedia USB Keyboard" that I used to have long time ago. Your seems to be a newer one with the "IBM Access" key.

Nice memories.

Regards

--- End quote ---

I might have some of those floating around too! :)

Ian Manners:
Sorry Ibrahim, only took in one picture.

Re the other IBM Enhanced Keyboard, and Multimedia KB's, I also several left over from computer sales, and the Multimedia ones from kerbside. I've never been able to get those extra keys working but never tried with anything earlier than about Win7, did not even try to see if there were drivers. The Multimedia USB one is good for using with a laptop while traveling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version