OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

WIFI on Dell Latitude D610

(1/2) > >>

Vanzeveren François:
Hello everyone,
I am trying to rehabilitate two old computers with ArcaOS 5.0.7: a Compaq Evo n800c and a Dell Latitude D610.
When installing on the Dell, the installer only detected the wired network adaptator (BROADCOM BCM57xx(x) / BCM590x), but not the wireless one. At the time of installation, I did not know which wireless adapter the Dell had.
After installation, I looked for the wireless adaptator model to find out that it is an Intel 2200 WLAN. I therefore installed the GenMac Wrapper Intel 2200 WLAN  [8086/4220]. At boot, ArcaOS now does detect the hardware... but I am unable to activate it, scan for connection, etc... All the XWLAN widget items/functions are greyed out. Also, when the GenMac driver is installed, I lose also my wired connection. I have to uninstall the GenMac wrapper to retreive the connection through ethernet.
If s.o. could help, it would be much appreciated.
Regards

François

Tom:
Can you post the content of protocol.ini (to be found in \ibmcom) in both cases?

Martin Iturbide:
Hi François, welcome to the forum.

I will also like to also suggest you to install testlog (link here), run "testlog generic" and upload the text the report. With that we can have a first idea of your configuration.

I found that the Intel 2200 Wlan [8086:4220] is listed as supported devices of GenMU, which is a extra set of driver for GenMAC.

Regards

Andreas Schnellbacher:
But 8068:4220 is also contained in the original GeMac package 2.20. pcklist.txt has:

--- Code: ---genmac220_intel.wpi:908:GenMac Wrapper Intel 2200 Wlan [8086:4220]

--- End code ---
So the original package should match. Interesting would be the content of ?:\ibmcom\lantran.log and ?:\mptn\bin\setup.cmd, which are contained in "testlog generic".

Vanzeveren François:
Hello,

Thank you for your answers/comments. Meanwhile, I completely messed up my configuration (trials and errors), so I prefer to reinstall my system completely. But now that I know which wireless network adapter to choose, i will install it from scratch.
I will keep you posted of the results :)

Cheers

François

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version