OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

Samba 4.13.x Update/Status

<< < (2/2)

Mike Kölling:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on August 29, 2022, 11:21:10 am ---Hi Mike,

To be clear - this is still very much beta level code, and it's possible data loss could occur. There are also currently no GUI tools - and there may be some manually editing of smb.conf required to get this running.

If none of this has scared you away - please send me an email, and I'll get you added to a testers mailing list.

Cheers,

Paul

--- End quote ---

Dear Paul,

I have sent you a separate e-mail. Hope the address I have is still valid.
I am not scared about using beta software or manually editing the smb.conf :).
In addition I will not replace a production system without thorough and extensively testing of the new software in a secure surrounding.

Thanks,
Mike

Paul Smedley:
Hi Mike,

--- Quote from: Mike Kölling on August 29, 2022, 03:30:02 pm ---
--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on August 29, 2022, 11:21:10 am ---Hi Mike,

To be clear - this is still very much beta level code, and it's possible data loss could occur. There are also currently no GUI tools - and there may be some manually editing of smb.conf required to get this running.

If none of this has scared you away - please send me an email, and I'll get you added to a testers mailing list.

Cheers,

Paul

--- End quote ---

Dear Paul,

I have sent you a separate e-mail. Hope the address I have is still valid.
I am not scared about using beta software or manually editing the smb.conf :).
In addition I will not replace a production system without thorough and extensively testing of the new software in a secure surrounding.

--- End quote ---

Thanks - look out for an email from me this evening AU time :)

Cheers,

Paul.

Mike Kölling:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on August 30, 2022, 04:41:32 am ---Hi Mike,

Thanks - look out for an email from me this evening AU time :)

Cheers,

Paul.

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul,

smbd-4.15.9-20220828 well received. Both files placed in my SAMBA test and first impression is promising.
Kindly see attached picture.

No changes for my smb.conf needed  :D.
Access from W10_x64 is working (read & write of files).
I will give it more testing the coming days and keep you updated.

Greetings,
Mike

Mike Kölling:
2022-08-31 Short update:

Copying complete folders to and from my OS/2 station (JFS formatted drives) using the new test SAMBA version from a Windows 10 Pro (x64) computer is working fine.  :)
Copying files to and from an encrypted drive (Netdrive with ndcrypt) via SAMBA 4.15.9 is working.  :)
Copying complete folders from an encrypted drive (Netdrive with ndcrypt) via SAMBA 4.15.9 is working.  :)
But copying folders to the encrypted drives fails as well creating a new folder at the encrypted drive from W10.  :(

Greetings,
Mike

Paul Smedley:
Hey Miks,

--- Quote from: Mike Kölling on August 31, 2022, 12:10:35 pm ---2022-08-31 Short update:

Copying complete folders to and from my OS/2 station (JFS formatted drives) using the new test SAMBA version from a Windows 10 Pro (x64) computer is working fine.  :)
Copying files to and from an encrypted drive (Netdrive with ndcrypt) via SAMBA 4.15.9 is working.  :)
Copying complete folders from an encrypted drive (Netdrive with ndcrypt) via SAMBA 4.15.9 is working.  :)
But copying folders to the encrypted drives fails as well creating a new folder at the encrypted drive from W10.  :(

--- End quote ---

Can you explain more about "But copying folders to the encrypted drives fails as well creating a new folder at the encrypted drive from W10."

If possible, can you get smbd logs from this with debug level 8?
smbd -d 8

log will end up in x:\mptn\etc\samba\log\log.smbd - it will be large so feel free to zip/email.

Cheers,

Paul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version