OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

Watcom C

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dave Yeo:
Yes, that has a version of cxl for Borland Turbo C. Researching it seems the original author sold it to someone else who extended it. cxlos2.lib is a static lib and it being built for Borland is likely the reason that newer Watcom's aren't compatible.
Unluckily there is no pp386d.pch a precompiled header. There is a wpp386.pch which seems to have been built in my attempt to build it. It might be possible to find the header that was precompiled or reverse engineer it. Unluckily I'm not a Watcom expert.

Rick Smith:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on August 27, 2022, 01:29:41 am ---Yes, that has a version of cxl for Borland Turbo C. Researching it seems the original author sold it to someone else who extended it. cxlos2.lib is a static lib and it being built for Borland is likely the reason that newer Watcom's aren't compatible.
Unluckily there is no pp386d.pch a precompiled header. There is a wpp386.pch which seems to have been built in my attempt to build it. It might be possible to find the header that was precompiled or reverse engineer it. Unluckily I'm not a Watcom expert.

--- End quote ---

Well I certainly appreciate your efforts thank you very much for trying...

Rick

Dave Yeo:
Still trying. I installed Watcom 10.6 but unluckily it crashes when in the IDE I try to open a project or even create new. Crashes in ezip.dll, ide.exe and then PMMERGE.DLL.
Guess I should try restarting later with only one CPU core active to see if it is SMP related.
Has anyone successfully used Watcom 10.6?

Dave Yeo:
Seems 10.6 doesn't like the enhanced file picker from eCoSoft, have to remember how to disable it

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on August 28, 2022, 03:52:19 am ---Seems 10.6 doesn't like the enhanced file picker from eCoSoft, have to remember how to disable it

--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---\sys\install\FOC\filedlgtofocdlg.cmd /U
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version