Author Topic: Updating USB Driver  (Read 3554 times)

christech

• View Profile
Updating USB Driver
« on: October 04, 2022, 06:30:35 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded the USB update from ArcaNoae. When I went to install the package it complained about files in use. Is that OK? Just proceed with the install or is there anything else that I need to do to install the drivers?

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
Re: Updating USB Driver
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 08:10:08 pm »
No, that's not normal. The only contained DLL, USBCALLS.DLL, should be unlocked, so you should be able to install it over an older version. If you can reproduce that on another system, open a ticket at Arca Noae's Bug Tracker. BTW: It works here, provided that we are talking about the same USB package: USB-12.13.exe, but prior versions worked for me as well. I've installed them all, so the last update was probably from 12.12 to 12.13.

christech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 08:55:13 pm »
Yes, its the second time that has happened to me on a different machine. I will open a ticket.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 09:46:32 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded the USB update from ArcaNoae. When I went to install the package it complained about files in use. Is that OK? Just proceed with the install or is there anything else that I need to do to install the drivers?

That is normal. Always tell it to replace all of them. You do need to reboot to load the updated files anyway.