OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Affordable Mini PCs

(1/5) > >>

Ben Hjelt:
Got myself two more thin clients ;D

The first is the HP T5740, an Atom N280 based machine which was very easy to get running 100% with ACPI too. The only pitfall was choosing the right USB port (one on the back) for the ArcaOS installer drive unless you wanted the 'can't find ARCAINST.ISO' error message. A nice feature is the rather loud internal speaker for system sounds.

The second is the Dell/Wyse Z90D7 sporting an AMD G-T56N processor (not hyperthreaded?). Haven't had much luck with this one as it seems to be a UEFI machine (with CSM though), very limited BIOS options and buggy ACPI - even in linux as it won't soft power off! After disabling AHCI and P-states I start the ArcaOS install but the filesystem gets corrupted in phase 2...

Attached hw info from the HP.

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks Ben for sharing the details.

I had created this Wiki page for the HP Thin Cilent. https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/HP_T5740_Thin_Client

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Ben

--- Quote from: Ben Hjelt on September 16, 2022, 04:24:03 pm ---The second is the Dell/Wyse Z90D7 sporting an AMD G-T56N processor (not hyperthreaded?). Haven't had much luck with this one as it seems to be a UEFI machine (with CSM though), very limited BIOS options and buggy ACPI - even in linux as it won't soft power off! After disabling AHCI and P-states I start the ArcaOS install but the filesystem gets corrupted in phase 2...

--- End quote ---

I was checking the specs of the Dell/Wyse Z90D7 .Do you think it can be related to the storage? Do you get to the installaton part where you select the HDD? Do you see the 16GB storage disk?

BTW, I also create a wiki page in case things improve.

Regards

Ben Hjelt:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on September 16, 2022, 10:59:07 pm ---Do you think it can be related to the storage? Do you get to the installaton part where you select the HDD? Do you see the 16GB storage disk?
--- End quote ---
My Z90 unit came without any storage but there are two SATA slots within, unfortunately nothing shows up in AHCI mode but I'm able to start the installation in regular IDE mode.
I'll do more testing to finish Phase 2 of the install, dump the logs as the problems seem to be connected to ACPI / number of cores enabled / aggressive power management...

Paul Smedley:
I've wondering if something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002642282828.html would work. Would more than likely need AOS 5.1 foe UEFI support....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version