OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Affordable Mini PCs

<< < (5/5)

Paul Smedley:
hmm... HDMI may be a bridge too far right now...

from: https://askubuntu.com/questions/694677/snd-hda-intel-0000001f-3-failed-to-add-i915-component-master-19

--- Code: ---n order to support sound output over HDMI, video drivers for Linux register an "audio component" for the sound card driver (in my case Intel HD Audio a.k.a. snd_hda_intel) to connect to. Once this connection is made, the sound hardware can produce an audio stream for the GPU to multiplex onto the HDMI cable.
--- End code ---

Paul Smedley:
Interesting... I was wondering what was driving the headphone socket on the front of this PC.... looks like it's USB Audio... testlog shows:
  Port 6: Device 0573:1573 (Audio)-(Class 1)(Audio)-(Class 1)(HID) FS Zoran Co. Personal Media Division (Nog

I wonder if it will work with the usbaudio driver?

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on October 22, 2022, 10:56:04 am ---Interesting... I was wondering what was driving the headphone socket on the front of this PC.... looks like it's USB Audio... testlog shows:
  Port 6: Device 0573:1573 (Audio)-(Class 1)(Audio)-(Class 1)(HID) FS Zoran Co. Personal Media Division (Nog

I wonder if it will work with the usbaudio driver?

--- End quote ---

Update: Audio works with a test version of updated USB drivers from AN, in combination with Lars's latest usbaudio drivers :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version