Author Topic: Dooble completely hangs ArcaOS  (Read 3125 times)

Tuure Linden

• View Profile
Dooble completely hangs ArcaOS
« on: September 17, 2022, 04:16:59 pm »
I finally decided to install the Dooble browser. Unfortunately it didn't go so well.  :-\ For the installation I used Netlabs repositories via ANPM. The browser starts but after a few seconds it crashes the whole operating system, the mouse cursor hangs and the system becomes unresponsive. Even CAD-popup doesn't work and the only solution is power off the machine. Am I the only one having these problems? My ArcaOS installation is up to date and there are no updates available for any of the installed packages.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Dooble completely hangs ArcaOS
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 06:11:31 pm »
You're probably running out of memory, you need to mark a bunch of stuff, mostly the QT5 DLLs, to load into high memory. Something like "himem -c qt5*.dll" in your @unixroot/usr/lib directory.
In the previous thread on Dooble, I posted a script to do it here, https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,3048.msg34438.html#msg34438

Tuure Linden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 07:31:16 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply! Actually I wasn't running out of memory. Eventually I was able to solve the problem: a corrupted JFS file system.  I had to run chkdsk /F from ArcaOS installation media and then remove the \home\.doodle folder. Now the browser seems to function just fine.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 10:56:36 pm »
I finally decided to install the Dooble browser. Unfortunately it didn't go so well.  :-\ For the installation I used Netlabs repositories via ANPM. The browser starts but after a few seconds it crashes the whole operating system, the mouse cursor hangs and the system becomes unresponsive. Even CAD-popup doesn't work and the only solution is power off the machine. Am I the only one having these problems? My ArcaOS installation is up to date and there are no updates available for any of the installed packages.

Do you have kernel 14.203 installed and the latest ACPI version and Uniaud ?

Roderick Klein