OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

HOBLink and ArcaOS

<< < (2/8) > >>

Glenn:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on September 18, 2022, 07:29:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Andreas Schnellbacher on September 18, 2022, 06:48:41 pm ---There are several options to detect an eCS installation:

* \os2\install\syslevel.ecs
* \ecs\ecs_inst.flg
* \ecs\dll\securit2.dll
* \os2\ecsreg.ini
* \os2\ecsreg11.ini
--- End quote ---
[...] "WiseMachine.FIT"

--- End quote ---

Out of the eCS 1.2 install, I did copy syslevel.ecs, securit2.dll, ecsreg11.ini to the same directories on my boot drive (ecsreg.ini was already there, I may have had some use for it..). WiseMachine file was absent (I created an empty file with that name) but ecs_inst.flg was nowhere to be found.

Even with these files, HOBLink still threw me the same error..

Dave Yeo:
It's interesting, I got a copy when they quit supporting OS/2 as they were giving out free licenses. Runs fine on my Warp V4 install but on Arca Noae I get a popup saying "License Agreement Error", "Your version of program isn't legal copy", "Please reinstall HOBlink X11/PM"
I do see the registration serial number in my install.

SoundChaser:
Glenn,

I walked through your footsteps and had stopped, with the same result you got.
But I've went back to this. And went a little further with a successful install - that pops the license violation dialog (close, but no cigar!)

So here's how to do it:

- Get eComstation 1.1
- Start the HobX11 install. Make it fail. Don't close it.
- From eComstation 1.1 Disk 1, copy \os2\dll\securit2.dll to where you've installed HobLink
- Go back to the installer - it works now.

When prompted for a license, I filled bogus data and it's likely why its failing.
-

SoundChaser:
Dave,

After I started Hoblink I've add the same result as you. Same dialog. Unless the binary is patched to skip the check, we can't use it under ArcaOS.

Unless there's a way to have it think it's running under Warp 4 or eCS

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: SoundChaser on December 25, 2022, 07:36:39 pm ---Dave,

After I started Hoblink I've add the same result as you. Same dialog. Unless the binary is patched to skip the check, we can't use it under ArcaOS.

Unless there's a way to have it think it's running under Warp 4 or eCS

--- End quote ---

Well, others have reported success with the eCS registered version by having the correct ecs*.reg in the right place. Simplest might be if we could use the trace facility or such to see what file it is looking for.
Other options, there was an IBM xserver in one of the old MPTS packages, I forget the specifics.
The real Xserver is now somewhat broken, Arca Noae did something to Panorama and SNAP for UEFI support so the system crashes when returning to the WPS. I have a partition with an older SNAP where it works. Also should be able to use the VNC driver to display on the desktop. I think at one point I ported the tinyvnc driver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version