OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Multimedia

[SOLVED] OS/2 Warp 4.52 VM, changing audio to Uniaud

(1/5) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I'm playing with some Warp 4.52 VM. It had the SoundBlaster working with, but I want to test to change it to Uniaud with Intel HD (on VirtualBox).

Problem: I installed the UniAud drivers (Uniaud-20220807-beta.exe), added them on the config.sys, changed the VM to use Intel HD as audio, but I get no sound.

I remember that someone once post a trick that you have to update also some INIs to make that kind of change.  Am I remember correctly? What was the trick?

Regards

David McKenna:
 Hi Martin,

You need to edit your MMPM2.INI file to use the new driver. Minstall is what normally does that. First you have to remove the Soundblaster driver using Minstall (tell it 0 cards to remove), then install UniAud using Minstall. Or do it by hand, but it is very tricky and can cause your system to not boot if not done right. Adding/removing sound cards on OS/2 is a true PITA.

Regards,

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks David.

I will try with MInstall first. Are you referring the one from Martin Kiewitz or the IBM one?.

It seems that modifying the INI directly, with all the stuff it has there, it will be long and hard.

Regards

David McKenna:
 Hi Martin,

The IBM one... the Kiewitz one always gave me problems when trying to uninstall, but it works well to install. Definitely hard to do by hand... if you have trouble, post your MMPM2.INI file and I'll take a stab at editing it it for UniAud... if you like to live dangerously :-)

Regards,

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

After some tries with the IBM MMInstall, I need to ask how to uninstall it.  I don't know to which path should I point the mminstal (or which driver to download) to put 0 card to remove sound blaster.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version