OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

VisualAge for C Modern Installer

(1/3) > >>

Glenn:

--- Quote from: Mentore on September 20, 2022, 08:19:22 am ---
--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on September 16, 2022, 11:05:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jochen Schäfer on September 16, 2022, 09:25:37 am ---Yes, it would be nice, but QtCreator is not a generic IDE. It's tailored to Qt development.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Joche, I guess you are right. I download it and I don't see any generic Non Qt project on the list.

I guess if we are dreaming we should aim for the Eclipse IDE and/or Apache Netbeans, right?

Regards

--- End quote ---

Well, from a non-commercial POV this is probably the best solution one can seek imho. On the "abandonware" side the best editors for OS/2 are the VAC 4 IDE and (AFAIK) Visual SlickEdit, together with I seem to remember VisualAge for SmallTalk.

There was some talk about how to retrieve at least Visual SlickEdit, but nothing more.
Mentore

--- End quote ---

Talking about VAC.. is there any way to convert Feature Installer based installers to something more modern, so programs like VAC could be installed without having to use Netscape ?..

Mentore:

--- Quote from: Glenn on September 21, 2022, 12:18:10 am ---
--- Quote from: Mentore on September 20, 2022, 08:19:22 am ---
--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on September 16, 2022, 11:05:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jochen Schäfer on September 16, 2022, 09:25:37 am ---Yes, it would be nice, but QtCreator is not a generic IDE. It's tailored to Qt development.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Joche, I guess you are right. I download it and I don't see any generic Non Qt project on the list.

I guess if we are dreaming we should aim for the Eclipse IDE and/or Apache Netbeans, right?

Regards

--- End quote ---

Well, from a non-commercial POV this is probably the best solution one can seek imho. On the "abandonware" side the best editors for OS/2 are the VAC 4 IDE and (AFAIK) Visual SlickEdit, together with I seem to remember VisualAge for SmallTalk.

There was some talk about how to retrieve at least Visual SlickEdit, but nothing more.
Mentore

--- End quote ---

Talking about VAC.. is there any way to convert Feature Installer based installers to something more modern, so programs like VAC could be installed without having to use Netscape ?..

--- End quote ---

That's pretty interesting. One could unpack the FI install method and convert it in WarpIN. Just a hint, though.
I still don't have time to work on OS/2 or ArcaOS, even in VM, due to too many things to do (and a 6 months old child!!!), but willing to take action again ASAP. I'll have a look on this if I can.

Mentore

Neil Waldhauer:
Suntan Special installs VAC and other FI products using CID. Netscape  is not required.

http://www.blondeguy.com/suntan6.html

Glenn:

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on September 21, 2022, 09:33:01 am ---Suntan Special installs VAC and other FI products using CID.

--- End quote ---
Hi Neil,
I still have an image of my CD (v0.5.2) and cannot see a directory with VAC scripts in it. In which version did you add that functionality ?

Martin Iturbide:
Just  a note: I split this topic from the Open Source Wishlist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version