OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

Building Qt5

(1/13) > >>

Paul Smedley:
Hey All,

Given it's been a LONG time since there have been any Qt5 updates, I figured I'd start a thread on trying to build Qt5 from the sourcecode at the bww github, and attempting to follow the build instructions at https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt

I've previously tried building and failed, but have never documented my experience or compared it to what others have experienced.

At the moment, I'm doing a fresh checkout of the code, on a new bare metal install of AOS 5.07

More to come...

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Smedley:
1st Issue - Build instructions at https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt Step 1 need to include gcc-g++, pthread-devel, gperf, bison, flex as well.
2nd issue - Reboot is required after step 2 to load config.sys parameters for GCC
3rd issue - 'SET MAKESHELL=dash.exe' needs to be set, otherwise make.exe tries to use cmd.exe

Dave Yeo:
I revisited, trying a rel build. It failed to detect the system libvpx, errors such as,

--- Code: ---> main.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
> main.cpp:11:14: error: 'CONSTRAINED_FROM_ABOVE_DROP' was not declared in this
scope; did you mean 'CONSTRAINED_LAYER_DROP'?
>    11 |     auto a = CONSTRAINED_FROM_ABOVE_DROP;
>       |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |              CONSTRAINED_LAYER_DROP
> make.exe: *** [main.obj] Error 1
 => source failed verification.
test config.qtwebengine_buildtools.libraries.webengine-libvpx FAILED

--- End code ---

I guess our libvpx is now too new.
The build itself failed with,

--- Code: ---../../../../../qt5/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libvpx/source/libvpx/vp8/common/x86/dequantize_mmx.asm:17: error: invalid syntax in global declaration
../../../../../qt5/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libvpx/source/libvpx/vp8/common/x86/dequantize_mmx.asm:59: error: invalid syntax in global declaration

--- End code ---

Which points to the QT5 tree's libvpx not being patched for OS/2. Needs x86inc.asm updated, -fobj added to nasm flags and possibly ported from YASM to NASM, basically the equivalent of adding a trailing / to the includes might be enough.
Ideally is updating the configure script to use the system libvpx. I note that Mozilla has had success using each livvpx update with no patching required.

Edit: Looking, the system libvpx does have CONSTRAINED_FROM_ABOVE_DROP, not sure why configure failed there.

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on October 23, 2022, 10:02:36 am ---Hey All,

Given it's been a LONG time since there have been any Qt5 updates, I figured I'd start a thread on trying to build Qt5 from the sourcecode at the bww github, and attempting to follow the build instructions at https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt

I've previously tried building and failed, but have never documented my experience or compared it to what others have experienced.

At the moment, I'm doing a fresh checkout of the code, on a new bare metal install of AOS 5.07

More to come...

Cheers,

Paul

--- End quote ---

Dmitry just finished a import QT fix related to menu;s not working. He is working on the genereal stability of the Dooble browser. As been stated his quick depeature from Russia and getting settled somewhere else in the E.U. has taken a lot of time. This has resulted in development being more or less at a standstill for about 6 months. But a fix on LIBCX has been worked on and genereal stabilisation of Dooble is being worked on.

A bug was opened by Gregg Young about how to bulld QT.

Roderick Klein
OS/2 VOICE

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Roderick Klein on October 23, 2022, 10:50:48 pm ---A bug was opened by Gregg Young about how to bulld QT.

--- End quote ---

Do you know the issue number for Gregg's bug?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version