Author Topic: Building Qt5  (Read 34570 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Building Qt5
« on: October 23, 2022, 10:02:36 am »
Hey All,

Given it's been a LONG time since there have been any Qt5 updates, I figured I'd start a thread on trying to build Qt5 from the sourcecode at the bww github, and attempting to follow the build instructions at https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt

I've previously tried building and failed, but have never documented my experience or compared it to what others have experienced.

At the moment, I'm doing a fresh checkout of the code, on a new bare metal install of AOS 5.07

More to come...

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Building Qt5
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 10:56:17 am »
1st Issue - Build instructions at https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt Step 1 need to include gcc-g++, pthread-devel, gperf, bison, flex as well.
2nd issue - Reboot is required after step 2 to load config.sys parameters for GCC
3rd issue - 'SET MAKESHELL=dash.exe' needs to be set, otherwise make.exe tries to use cmd.exe
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 10:13:49 am by Paul Smedley »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 10:43:20 pm »
I revisited, trying a rel build. It failed to detect the system libvpx, errors such as,
Code: [Select]
> main.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
> main.cpp:11:14: error: 'CONSTRAINED_FROM_ABOVE_DROP' was not declared in this
scope; did you mean 'CONSTRAINED_LAYER_DROP'?
>    11 |     auto a = CONSTRAINED_FROM_ABOVE_DROP;
>       |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |              CONSTRAINED_LAYER_DROP
> make.exe: *** [main.obj] Error 1
 => source failed verification.
test config.qtwebengine_buildtools.libraries.webengine-libvpx FAILED

I guess our libvpx is now too new.
The build itself failed with,
../../../../../qt5/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libvpx/source/libvpx/vp8/common/x86/dequantize_mmx.asm:17: error: invalid syntax in global declaration
../../../../../qt5/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libvpx/source/libvpx/vp8/common/x86/dequantize_mmx.asm:59: error: invalid syntax in global declaration

Which points to the QT5 tree's libvpx not being patched for OS/2. Needs x86inc.asm updated, -fobj added to nasm flags and possibly ported from YASM to NASM, basically the equivalent of adding a trailing / to the includes might be enough.
Ideally is updating the configure script to use the system libvpx. I note that Mozilla has had success using each livvpx update with no patching required.

Edit: Looking, the system libvpx does have CONSTRAINED_FROM_ABOVE_DROP, not sure why configure failed there.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:20:56 pm by Dave Yeo »

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 10:50:48 pm »
Hey All,

Given it's been a LONG time since there have been any Qt5 updates, I figured I'd start a thread on trying to build Qt5 from the sourcecode at the bww github, and attempting to follow the build instructions at https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt

I've previously tried building and failed, but have never documented my experience or compared it to what others have experienced.

At the moment, I'm doing a fresh checkout of the code, on a new bare metal install of AOS 5.07

More to come...

Cheers,

Paul

Dmitry just finished a import QT fix related to menu;s not working. He is working on the genereal stability of the Dooble browser. As been stated his quick depeature from Russia and getting settled somewhere else in the E.U. has taken a lot of time. This has resulted in development being more or less at a standstill for about 6 months. But a fix on LIBCX has been worked on and genereal stabilisation of Dooble is being worked on.

A bug was opened by Gregg Young about how to bulld QT.

Roderick Klein
OS/2 VOICE

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 11:25:43 pm »

Do you know the issue number for Gregg's bug?

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 11:56:41 pm »

No sorry.

Roderick

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 09:17:50 am »

No sorry.

Roderick

Based on my review of the bww github repository, I don't believe there is a current ticket for build issues. If nobody else raises one, I'll raise one once I have a bit more worked out...

edit: https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/issues/31 has been raised around the wiki issues.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 10:15:57 am by Paul Smedley »

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 06:42:07 pm »
Based on my review of the bww github repository, I don't believe there is a current ticket for build issues.

I also couln't find a ticket by Gregg Young about building problems in any of the 10 Qt5 repositories from bitwiseworks.

TeLLie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 12:10:45 am »
Hi Paul,

I dint manage also not to get is build on my new machine, on my previous W530 i where able to get it build.

Now i get some like:
[1/5669] g++ -MMD -MF obj/services/network/public/cpp/cpp_base/p2p_param_traits.o.d -DIS_NETWORK_CPP_BASE_IMPL -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DTOOLKIT_QT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DOPENSSL_NO_ASM -DUSING_SYSTEM_ICU=1 -DICU_UTIL_DATA_IMPL=ICU_UTIL_DATA_STATIC -DUCHAR_TYPE=wchar_t -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_RTTI -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_STATIC_INITIALIZER -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DWEBRTC_NON_STATIC_TRACE_EVENT_HANDLERS=0 -DWEBRTC_CHROMIUM_BUILD -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DWEBRTC_OS2 -DWEBRTC_NO_INET6 -DABSL_ALLOCATOR_NOTHROW=1 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FIX=0 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FLOAT=1 -DHAVE_SCTP -DNO_MAIN_THREAD_WRAPPING -I. -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium -Igen -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/perfetto/include -Igen/third_party/perfetto/build_config -Igen/third_party/perfetto -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libyuv/include -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/source/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/generated -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/ced/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -Igen/protoc_out -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc_overrides -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc -Igen/third_party/webrtc -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/abseil-cpp -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -Zomf -m32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined -D__DATE__= -D__TIME__= -D__TIMESTAMP__= -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-comments -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-dangling-else -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nss3 -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nspr4 -std=gnu++14 -Wno-narrowing -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-attributes -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-subobject-linkage -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-return-type -Wno-deprecated-copy -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wno-deprecated-declarations -c ../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/services/network/public/cpp/p2p_param_traits.cc -o obj/services/network/public/cpp/cpp_base/p2p_param_traits.o
[2/5669] touch obj/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_verifier.inputdeps.stamp
[3/5669] g++ -MMD -MF obj/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.o.d -DIS_CERT_VERIFIER_CPP_IMPL -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DTOOLKIT_QT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DOPENSSL_NO_ASM -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_RTTI -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_STATIC_INITIALIZER -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSING_SYSTEM_ICU=1 -DICU_UTIL_DATA_IMPL=ICU_UTIL_DATA_STATIC -DUCHAR_TYPE=wchar_t -DWEBRTC_NON_STATIC_TRACE_EVENT_HANDLERS=0 -DWEBRTC_CHROMIUM_BUILD -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DWEBRTC_OS2 -DWEBRTC_NO_INET6 -DABSL_ALLOCATOR_NOTHROW=1 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FIX=0 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FLOAT=1 -DHAVE_SCTP -DNO_MAIN_THREAD_WRAPPING -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium -Igen -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/perfetto/include -Igen/third_party/perfetto/build_config -Igen/third_party/perfetto -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libyuv/include -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/source/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/generated -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -Igen/protoc_out -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/ced/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc_overrides -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc -Igen/third_party/webrtc -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/abseil-cpp -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -Zomf -m32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined -D__DATE__= -D__TIME__= -D__TIMESTAMP__= -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-comments -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-dangling-else -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nss3 -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nspr4 -std=gnu++14 -Wno-narrowing -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-attributes -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-subobject-linkage -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-return-type -Wno-deprecated-copy -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wno-deprecated-declarations -c ../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.cc -o obj/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.o
FAILED: obj/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.o
g++ -MMD -MF obj/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.o.d -DIS_CERT_VERIFIER_CPP_IMPL -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DTOOLKIT_QT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DOPENSSL_NO_ASM -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_RTTI -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_STATIC_INITIALIZER -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSING_SYSTEM_ICU=1 -DICU_UTIL_DATA_IMPL=ICU_UTIL_DATA_STATIC -DUCHAR_TYPE=wchar_t -DWEBRTC_NON_STATIC_TRACE_EVENT_HANDLERS=0 -DWEBRTC_CHROMIUM_BUILD -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DWEBRTC_OS2 -DWEBRTC_NO_INET6 -DABSL_ALLOCATOR_NOTHROW=1 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FIX=0 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FLOAT=1 -DHAVE_SCTP -DNO_MAIN_THREAD_WRAPPING -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium -Igen -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/perfetto/include -Igen/third_party/perfetto/build_config -Igen/third_party/perfetto -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libyuv/include -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/source/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/generated -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -Igen/protoc_out -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/ced/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc_overrides -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc -Igen/third_party/webrtc -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/abseil-cpp -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -Zomf -m32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined -D__DATE__= -D__TIME__= -D__TIMESTAMP__= -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-comments -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-dangling-else -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nss3 -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nspr4 -std=gnu++14 -Wno-narrowing -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-attributes -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-subobject-linkage -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-return-type -Wno-deprecated-copy -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wno-deprecated-declarations -c ../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.cc -o obj/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.o
during RTL pass: final
../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.cc: In function 'base::TimeDelta cert_verifier::{anonymous}::GetTimeout(int)':
../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/services/network/public/cpp/cert_verifier/cert_net_fetcher_url_loader.cc:185:1: internal compiler error: Illegal instruction
  185 | }
      | ^
libbacktrace could not find executable to open
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://github.com/bitwiseworks/gcc-os2/issues> for instructions.
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.
[4/5669] g++ -MMD -MF obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_9.o.d -DIS_NETWORK_SERVICE_IMPL -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DTOOLKIT_QT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DOPENSSL_NO_ASM -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_RTTI -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_STATIC_INITIALIZER -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSING_SYSTEM_ICU=1 -DICU_UTIL_DATA_IMPL=ICU_UTIL_DATA_STATIC -DUCHAR_TYPE=wchar_t -DWEBRTC_NON_STATIC_TRACE_EVENT_HANDLERS=0 -DWEBRTC_CHROMIUM_BUILD -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DWEBRTC_OS2 -DWEBRTC_NO_INET6 -DABSL_ALLOCATOR_NOTHROW=1 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FIX=0 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FLOAT=1 -DHAVE_SCTP -DNO_MAIN_THREAD_WRAPPING -I. -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/perfetto/include -Igen/third_party/perfetto/build_config -Igen/third_party/perfetto -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libyuv/include -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/source/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/generated -Igen -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -Igen/protoc_out -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/ced/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc_overrides -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc -Igen/third_party/webrtc -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/abseil-cpp -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -Zomf -m32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined -D__DATE__= -D__TIME__= -D__TIMESTAMP__= -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-comments -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-dangling-else -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nss3 -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nspr4 -std=gnu++14 -Wno-narrowing -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-attributes -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-subobject-linkage -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-return-type -Wno-deprecated-copy -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wno-deprecated-declarations -c gen/services/network/network_service_jumbo_9.cc -o obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_9.o
FAILED: obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_9.o
g++ -MMD -MF obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_9.o.d -DIS_NETWORK_SERVICE_IMPL -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DTOOLKIT_QT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DOPENSSL_NO_ASM -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_RTTI -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_STATIC_INITIALIZER -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSING_SYSTEM_ICU=1 -DICU_UTIL_DATA_IMPL=ICU_UTIL_DATA_STATIC -DUCHAR_TYPE=wchar_t -DWEBRTC_NON_STATIC_TRACE_EVENT_HANDLERS=0 -DWEBRTC_CHROMIUM_BUILD -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DWEBRTC_OS2 -DWEBRTC_NO_INET6 -DABSL_ALLOCATOR_NOTHROW=1 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FIX=0 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FLOAT=1 -DHAVE_SCTP -DNO_MAIN_THREAD_WRAPPING -I. -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/perfetto/include -Igen/third_party/perfetto/build_config -Igen/third_party/perfetto -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libyuv/include -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/source/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/generated -Igen -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -Igen/protoc_out -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/ced/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc_overrides -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc -Igen/third_party/webrtc -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/abseil-cpp -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -Zomf -m32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined -D__DATE__= -D__TIME__= -D__TIMESTAMP__= -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-comments -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-dangling-else -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nss3 -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nspr4 -std=gnu++14 -Wno-narrowing -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-attributes -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-subobject-linkage -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-return-type -Wno-deprecated-copy -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wno-deprecated-declarations -c gen/services/network/network_service_jumbo_9.cc -o obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_9.o
g++: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault signal terminated program cc1plus
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://github.com/bitwiseworks/gcc-os2/issues> for instructions.
[5/5669] g++ -MMD -MF obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_7.o.d -DIS_NETWORK_SERVICE_IMPL -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DTOOLKIT_QT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DOPENSSL_NO_ASM -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_RTTI -DGOOGLE_PROTOBUF_NO_STATIC_INITIALIZER -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSING_SYSTEM_ICU=1 -DICU_UTIL_DATA_IMPL=ICU_UTIL_DATA_STATIC -DUCHAR_TYPE=wchar_t -DWEBRTC_NON_STATIC_TRACE_EVENT_HANDLERS=0 -DWEBRTC_CHROMIUM_BUILD -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DWEBRTC_OS2 -DWEBRTC_NO_INET6 -DABSL_ALLOCATOR_NOTHROW=1 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FIX=0 -DWEBRTC_USE_BUILTIN_ISAC_FLOAT=1 -DHAVE_SCTP -DNO_MAIN_THREAD_WRAPPING -I. -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/perfetto/include -Igen/third_party/perfetto/build_config -Igen/third_party/perfetto -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libyuv/include -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/source/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/jsoncpp/generated -Igen -Igen -Igen -Igen -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/boringssl/src/include -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -Igen/protoc_out -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/protobuf/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/ced/src -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc_overrides -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/webrtc -Igen/third_party/webrtc -I../../../../../qt5-os2/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/abseil-cpp -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -Zomf -m32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined -D__DATE__= -D__TIME__= -D__TIMESTAMP__= -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-comments -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-dangling-else -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nss3 -I/@unixroot/usr/include/nspr4 -std=gnu++14 -Wno-narrowing -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-attributes -Wno-class-memaccess -Wno-subobject-linkage -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-return-type -Wno-deprecated-copy -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wno-deprecated-declarations -c gen/services/network/network_service_jumbo_7.cc -o obj/services/network/network_service/network_service_jumbo_7.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
make[5]: *** [run_ninja] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `C:/qt5-dev/qtwebengine/src/core'
make[4]: *** [release] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `C:/qt5-dev/qtwebengine/src/core'
make[3]: *** [sub-gn_run-pro-release] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/qt5-dev/qtwebengine/src/core'
make[2]: *** [sub-core-release] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/qt5-dev/qtwebengine/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src-release] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/qt5-dev/qtwebengine'
make: *** [module-qtwebengine-release] Error 2
Im afraid that's because OS2 sees only 1MB of mem on this machine.
Also a exceptq log in var about CC1PLUS

« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 04:21:10 pm by Martin Iturbide »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 01:50:19 am »
Im afraid that's because OS2 sees only 1MB of mem on this machine.
Also a exceptq log in var about CC1PLUS

The crash happens when configure  tests for precompiled header support, expected.
I take it you mean 1GB of ram. You still have the swap file. When I was building earlier versions of Firefox, around 10 IIRC, needed VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=3072 or linking xul.dll would gracefully die with an out of spill memory error. Then I had a simm die leaving me with 1.5 GBs of memory, I could still compile as long as not much else was running but if something like SM was running, the system would die with a swap file full error. There was lots of room for the swap file, but it is limited to 2GB.
Basically without enough ram, it should gracefully die rather then issue weird errors. A long time back I had a 486, OS/2 was trapping all the time so I moved to Linux, which at the time meant recompiling the kernel for your hardware, as no module support. Took a week as it kept dying with bus errors when trying to compile the kernel. Eventually discovered the computer had a broken 16 bit DMA thingy and things were stable if I didn't use 16 bit DMA. Just an example of broken hardware screwing up compilation.
Currently here, I'm still having problems with detecting libvpx and even after hacking qt5\qt5\webengine\src\buildtools\configure.json to detect libvpx, it died in webrtc trying to compile the intree libvpx.
I also get hard lockups, perhaps caused by my Snap system having to high of a VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT. I think I'll wait for the next beta, do a new install and retry then.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 12:15:07 am »
I don't know why, but my build is dying with:
cd sqldrivers/ && ( test -e Makefile || U:/dev/qt5-dev-build/qtbase/bin/qmake.exe -o Makefile U:/dev/qt5/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqldrivers.pro ) && C:/USR/BIN/make.exe -f Makefile
Project ERROR: Could not find feature sql-psql.
make.exe[3]: *** [sub-sqldrivers-make_first] Error 3

Has anyone else seen this? I don't have postgresql installed in this box, but I would think it should be trying to detect it?

Further to this, grepping for sql-psql shows it should be disabled...

./qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/qtsqldrivers-config.pri:QT.sqldrivers_private.disabled_features = sql-db2 sql-ibase sql-mysql sql-oci sql-odbc sql-psql sql-sqli
te2 sql-tds
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 12:27:32 am by Paul Smedley »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 06:28:36 am »
I have K:/work/qt5/qt5-dev-build/qtbase/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite.dll so I guess your problem didn't happen here.
I moved to a different install and now libvpx also gets correctly found, eventually the system trapped with a processing error, so now trying with make -j1

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 08:20:14 am »
Hi Dave,
I have K:/work/qt5/qt5-dev-build/qtbase/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite.dll so I guess your problem didn't happen here.

Yeah I got this too - the error was after this got built :(

Cheers,

Paul

TeLLie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 05:52:37 pm »
Hi Paul,

I dont see this error on my build..

I have in .pri file...

QT.sqldrivers.enabled_features =
QT.sqldrivers.disabled_features =
QT.sqldrivers.QT_CONFIG =
QT.sqldrivers.exports =
QT.sqldrivers_private.enabled_features = sql-sqlite system-sqlite
QT.sqldrivers_private.disabled_features = sql-db2 sql-ibase sql-mysql sql-oci sql-odbc sql-psql sql-sqlite2 sql-tds
QT.sqldrivers_private.libraries = sqlite
QMAKE_LIBS_SQLITE = -lsqlite3
QMAKE_DEPENDS_SQLITE_CC = ZLIB
QMAKE_DEPENDS_SQLITE_LD = ZLIB

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 03:26:26 am »
Well, I'm still building without that error. A couple of times the system has popped up with a sys(something), not enough memory to process this command, make.exe and make (I think actually G++) froze forcing a reboot with the rest of the system stable. After stripping startup command, it continues compiling blink.
With 4 GB of memory installed, my swap file has grown to 72 MB's. First time I've seen it grow since the days with 2GB of ram. We're really at the limit of 32bit hardware.
Edit: sys0147, IIRC. Swap grew to 440MB before the popup, should have closed SeaMonkey quicker :) but other then the hung build VIO window system is stable. The memory widget says I'm using 2.9GB's of ram with 363 MB free and the 440MB swapper
Help 147 does helpfully make some suggestions,
o  Reduce the number of running programs.
o  Reduce the value of the BUFFERS=, TRACEBUF=, DISKCACHE=, THREADS=,
   RMSIZE=, or DEVICE=VDISK.SYS statement in the CONFIG.SYS file and
   restart the system.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 03:49:44 am by Dave Yeo »