OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

USB3.0 copy speed

<< < (2/2)

roberto:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on October 28, 2022, 11:40:43 pm ---I did try your parameters, and things really slowed down.

--- End quote ---
I see the same, slowed, now.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---"Swappath = C: \ 0 4096"
--- End quote ---

Why would you use a minimum size of zero bytes? That is surely going to cause problems if swap ever fills up. How much real memory do you have? If it is more than 2 GB, swap will probably never be used anyway.

--- End quote ---
I like how good it goes.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---What interests me most is your opinion of whether it is a good performance or not, by your experience.
--- End quote ---

Since I don't use FC, ...

--- End quote ---
Thanks

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Chkdsk /F, but does nothing.
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by "nothing"? Is it hung? Is it telling you that nothing is wrong?

--- End quote ---
You send the instruction and wait and wait ... and restart.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---The only thing that caught my attention, was the Glocal (country palette) en-US, showed me when I made the flap with a strange source, similar to the photo that commands you, but in the flaps, not in the text like this photo.

--- End quote ---

I don't understand what you are trying to say. If you use a different language, and code page, to read it, than was used to write it, almost anything can happen.

--- End quote ---
I only use a language, it is es_ES_EURO, but sometimes, I put en_US, for test with the dbexpert. This is not the case. I only e used es_ES_EURO. But I have other possible languages for test.
What I mean is that, when the superior flaps that say; Time, Date, Monetary .... They were with the font of the photo. Helv 12 ??

saludos

roberto:
If I can repeat it, it is simple:
DISKCACHE=4096000,LW
But I can only do it from the computer to memory, but from memory to the computer it is very very slow.
That possible values should modify in order to read the memory at the same speed. I should not work at the same speed in both senses.
Saludos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version