Author Topic: hints for python upgrade  (Read 2867 times)

mauro

• View Profile
hints for python upgrade
« on: November 19, 2023, 09:12:58 am »
Hi all, Python upgrade which should be a prerequisite for QT5 installation, cause error messages on my attempt and remains undone under ANPM operation.
Guess the point is, as learned here time ago, by one side the i686 platform of some packages causing incompatibility for this task vs pentium 4 version, and on the other side ANPM itself (best say YUM) which prevents modifications of its Python files needed to run.
Posts about it have been written here but non easy to retrieve the one describing the final steps to solve.
Is ther a wiki-how or procedure description I can go through ?
Something I could remember there were specific YUM commands to use in a window instead of ANPM application.
Thank you 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 09:55:39 am by mauro »

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
Re: hints for python upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 10:58:24 am »
You don't have to use the command line, some people just find it quicker.

What you have to do is install both the python2.7 and python3 simultaneously. You can do this by selecting them both in the available packages list (e.g. with Ctrl+click).  Alternatively, if you prefer to use the command line, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.

christech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 05:38:31 pm »
Someone helped me a while back. I think the command was
Code: [Select]
yum install python2.7 python3 and that resolved my python issue.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 11:02:10 am »
Thank you, that works. Just tried the ANPM with double selection mode following the suggestion by Alex, sure it would work same with the yum command line
 :)