OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

ssh - sshd

(1/4) > >>

Andi B.:
I want to set up a ssh server on my system. I've not much experience with SSH until now. I installed the openssh packages (yum install openssh-servers ..) but can't start the daemon.

I tried all combinations with or without path like p:\usr\sbin\sshd.exe or P:/usr/sbin/sshd.exe ... but I get always -

--- Code: ---sshd re-exec requires execution with an absolute path

--- End code ---

Anyone running successfully an ssh server on OS/2?

David McKenna:
Hi Andi,

Just tried it myself and got the same result (no previous experience here either). Strangely enough, the last commit by Sylvan on the 'openssh-portable' BWW github site had to do with absolute paths on OS/2 (March 9, 2021). So my guess is it wasn't enough (or not released in a binary). Probably worth filing a bug report...

Regards,

Dave Yeo:
It seems to me that only a certain EMX build really worked, at least without too many dependencies. IIRC, EMX had better terminal support as well.

Jan-Erik Lärka:
I do use ssh(d) on my machines to connect to/from.
Rewrote a rexx script for an earlier release for setup (installation, configuration and various program icons).
I have the new version installed, but use the previous until the new one behave as expected.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Jan-Erik Lärka on October 31, 2022, 09:38:59 pm ---I do use ssh(d) on my machines to connect to/from.
Rewrote a rexx script for an earlier release for setup (installation, configuration and various program icons).
I have the new version installed, but use the previous until the new one behave as expected.

--- End quote ---

Which version are you using? ssh --version might be informative

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version