OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

ssh - sshd

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jan-Erik Lärka:
ssh -v

OpenSSH_5.3p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009

Edmund Wong:
I tried using Security/2 but there was a lot of stuff that didn't seem to work well.  So I am trying the openssh rpm
packages.

While I installed "openssh-server",  I too am having issues with getting it to work.
Unfortunately, a lot of the searches have brought me to *nix based solutions.

C:\usr\sbin\sshd gives me the same error as everyone; that is, "sshd re-exec requires execution with an absolute path"

Edmund

Rick Smith:
Greetings,

I have been trying to get ssh to work for a year or so now, but it just wont behave or work correctly so I gave up on it..

Rick

Dave Yeo:
Has anyone filed an issue at Bitwise's github? Things don't get fixed without the developers knowing there's a problem. My guess it did what the porter wanted so he was happy.

Sean Casey:
Haven't used OpenSSH server on OS/2, but the v.5.3 client worked well as did OS/2 ZOC with Linux OpenSSH v.7 servers.   It seems OpenSSH v.8.9 server, which I'm now using on my Linux machines, no longer allows a workaround for the older key exchanges/ciphers supported by OS/2.  Was using diffie-hellman and DSA with overrides in sshd_config, but these no longer work with OpenSSH v.8 with my config overrides.

Recently installed the OS/2 v.7 OpenSSH client, but I preferred using ZOC.  I need to look into the possibility of not passing my OS/2 term environment variable "os2ansi" with SSH as this causing me issues in Linux (e.g., seeing junk characters using vi).   

Update:  I manually set ANSI for my SSH session which helped with vi, but keyboard mapping is borked while working in vi.   Keyboard mapping is on the client side, so something is off on my v.7 OS/2 SSH client. I'll come back to this in the future as I don't need SSH on OS/2. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version