OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

UEFI and GPT not developed by ArcaNoae - by whom else?

(1/5) > >>

Sigurd Fastenrath:
If I understand correctly U/EFI and GPT for ArcaOS are not developed by ArcaNoae.

Does anyone has a clue wich person/s / organzation is doing this?

Thank you very much!

My guess would be someone like the QSINIT Developer or Daniela Engert. But that is only a guess.

Or is the plan to keep it as some kind of "Unknown mysterious Miracle" ?  ;)

Andi B.:
To my understanding it is developed by (or to be more precise organized by, or developed under control of) ArcaNoae. As usual with a lot of parts in ArcaOS there are some ArcaNoae people involved but also some other developers/testers/translators/volunteers....

Both, UEFI and GPT, needs changes in different places of the OS. So different people work on different tasks. But as far as I can see (mind I don't speak for ArcaNoae) they are all organized by ArcaNoae. Some of them may be paid or not.

Sigurd Fastenrath:
Hi Andi,

I read my information form Rodericks Warpstock Presentation here - please see attached picture.

But I was not able to understand more about it during his Presentation.

Tom:
Roderick's presentation is described as "Demonstration and Explanation of Secure Boot on ArcaOS which is a project of OS/2 VOICE".
Secure Boot is (as I understand it) connected to UEFI, but not necessary for UEFI.

And UEFI and GPT are not connected at all: there are systems with a classical BIOS (so non-UEFI) and a GPT disk. Both GPT and UEFI just happen to be introduced into OS/2 at the same time, namely in version 5.1 of ArcaOS.

Sigurd Fastenrath:
Hi Tom,

thank you very much for the explanation, my comment before was a bit misleading, sorry.

I mean I have no clue who is doing the work.

I do know what UEFI, Secure Boot and GPT means.

Thanks again!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version