Author Topic: Qt6 Development  (Read 210909 times)

TeLLie

• View Profile
Re: Qt6
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2022, 05:48:43 pm »
HI Dave,

Did you try to del the conf file in the /home/.config
I notice if i set the icon under text that it failed here also.
Also i see no icons ...

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2022, 11:27:52 pm »
Hey Dave,

Installed this new focuswriter (20221128) under C:\usr\local but it traps on starting. I'll attach the trap log...

I'll admit I didn't get time to try and run it myself - will try do so tonight. Does it start if you move some of the subdirectories out of the way? Perhaps there's issues loading some of the files in the subdirectories.

Cheers,

Paul.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2022, 01:13:08 am »
 Hi Paul and Tellie!

I tried deleting 'QTConfig.conf' in /Home/.config, but it made no difference, and was not re-created when I tried running Focuswriter again. I moved '/Share/Focuswriter' out of the way, and then Focuswriter would start, but then have all the issues I previously mentioned. So you may be on to something there Paul...

Also changing 'Settings' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Toolbar' -> 'Style' -> 'Text Position' does nothing except get trap logs on shutdown - hadn't tried that before... and no icons here either.

Should also mention that there is no improvement with the new qtos2.dll - drop down menus are still out of place (go to 'Settings' -> 'Preferences' and check any drop down box).

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 01:28:30 am by David McKenna »

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2022, 03:36:17 am »
Thanks guys, that's helpful. I'll create a focuswriter.xqs that may provide more useful exceptq logs. I'll also revisit the *.cpp I moved across from qt5 - I think that whilst some of my previous fixes got it building, they weren't necessarily correct - so may be causes traps like the clipboard one did :)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2022, 08:41:59 am »
OK for me, when focuswriter is started from /focuswriter/bin/focuswriter.exe it works fine.... Perhaps it doesn't like being run from another path?

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2022, 09:18:51 am »
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/qt-creator-8.0.1-os2-20221129.zip - note that even with my cmake DLL name hack, we run into DLL hell - with 2x DLL's called languag8.dll

Needs something like the below to help it find it's DLLs:
set beginlibpath=u:\qt6\lib;u:\qt6\lib\qtcreator;u:\qt6\lib\qtcreator\plugins

On first run, it will crash (due to above issue), on second run it will ask if you want to disable a plugin - then qtcreator will start.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:23:09 am by Paul Smedley »

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2022, 12:59:56 pm »
Paul,

When I move the focuswriter directories to C:\focuswriter\... I still get a trap on start. Focuswriter console shows this message before the trap:

'QTMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compiler.'

Maybe that is a clue?

Edit: I also tried QTCreator and it seems to work well. Even menus and drop-down boxes are located properly - wonder what is wrong with focuswriter? The only issue I noticed was no 'Help' available and got this in the console:

[C:\qt6\bin]qtcreator
SOFT ASSERT: "index >= 0" in file U:/DEV/qt-creator-8.0.1/src/plugins/help/local
helpmanager.cpp, line 362
SOFT ASSERT: "index >= 0" in file U:/DEV/qt-creator-8.0.1/src/plugins/help/local
QTextBrowser: No document for qthelp://org.qt-project.qtcreator.801/doc/index.ht
ml

and of course I don't have a clue how to use it, so can't really test it well...

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 01:17:03 pm by David McKenna »

TeLLie

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2022, 01:14:40 pm »
Hi

As i told before here it starts from every dit i tried

It traps as soon i choose for icons under

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2022, 09:28:36 pm »
Hey Dave!

When I move the focuswriter directories to C:\focuswriter\... I still get a trap on start. Focuswriter console shows this message before the trap:

'QTMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compiler.'

Maybe that is a clue?

Edit: I also tried QTCreator and it seems to work well. Even menus and drop-down boxes are located properly - wonder what is wrong with focuswriter? The only issue I noticed was no 'Help' available and got this in the console:

[C:\qt6\bin]qtcreator
QTextBrowser: No document for qthelp://org.qt-project.qtcreator.801/doc/index.ht
ml

and of course I don't have a clue how to use it, so can't really test it well...

Regards,

I have no real clue about the ''QTMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compiler.'' message. I might have to grep the source. What CPU is this system? I'm wondering about some kind of CPU optimisation. Perhaps also run chkdll32 or pmdll n the Qt6Mult*.dll and check for missing dependencies?

I have no idea how to use Qt Creator either - I was just happy it loaded.

My next focus is going to be on building Scribus with Qt6 - as this is something that most users could probably use/test - then I'll move on to figuring out how to get QtWebEngine building.

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2022, 09:29:41 pm »
Hi Tellie,

As i told before here it starts from every dit i tried

It traps as soon i choose for icons under

Sorry, I don't quite understand this..

Cheers,

Paul.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2022, 10:39:49 pm »
Hey Paul and Tellie,

CPU is an Intel i3-8100. I checked with PMDLL and all DLL's needed for focuswriter are available. Same with QT6Multa.dll and QT6Mults.dll. If it works for you guys, it makes me wonder if there is something about your build environment that I don't have that makes it work? I'll double check on another computer to see if it traps there too.

Is there a configuration file for Focuswriter? It's not obvious if there is...

A new Scribus would be awesome - now THAT I do have a clue how to test!

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:54:05 pm by David McKenna »

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2022, 10:51:13 pm »
hey Dave,

CPU is an Intel i3-8100. I checked with PMDLL and all DLL's needed for focuswriter are available. Same with QT6Multa.dll and QT6Mults.dll. If it works for you and Tellie, it makes me wonder if there is something about your build environment that I don't have that makes it work? I'll double check on another computer to see if it traps there too.

Is there a configuration file for Focuswriter? It's not obvious if there is...

A new Scribus would be awesome - now THAT I do have a clue how to test!

I have an affinity for Scribus - one of the developers is a friend that used to run OS/2 back in the day, and I also know they'll accept patches :)

Hopefully it won't take too much effort. QtWebEngine is a BIG beast...

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2022, 01:20:56 pm »
I just tested QtCreator. I have the following issue:
I can't open any projects, because OS/2's drive style paths will be recognized as relative path.
So QtCreator prepends the working directory (where it was started) to the selected path.

@Paul: Should I create issue on your Github?

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2022, 09:12:38 pm »
I just tested QtCreator. I have the following issue:
I can't open any projects, because OS/2's drive style paths will be recognized as relative path.
So QtCreator prepends the working directory (where it was started) to the selected path.

@Paul: Should I create issue on your Github?

Hi Jochen - from a quick grep of the qt-creator sources - looks like there is some win specific code to handle file paths, so sure, let's create an issues, but please do it in https://github.com/psmedley/qt-creator-os2 (which is empty right now, but I'll commit the code when I get a chance)

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2022, 08:54:41 am »
Hi Paul.

I created an issue report.