Author Topic: Qt6 Development  (Read 210857 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Qt6
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2023, 08:53:28 pm »
Qt6Webee.dll is already processed by me, so isn't modified?

That explains it.
The new zip had the same issue, guessing, the paths are absolute and start with U:, hmm looking, the PATHS start with / eg
Code: [Select]
Archive:  Z:/Mozprofiles/Downloads/qt6-6.2.4-os2-20230108.zip
 Length   Method    Size  Cmpr    Date    Time   CRC-32   Name
--------  ------  ------- ---- ---------- ----- --------  ----
       0  Stored        0   0% 01-07-2023 20:44 00000000  /qt6/bin/
  214251  Defl:N    85209  60% 12-06-2022 10:42 0ec34293  /qt6/bin/androiddeployqt.exe
Not a big deal

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2023, 09:34:29 pm »
Hey all,

Just to set expectations... I just finished two weeks vacation, where I had more opportunity to play with things. Today, I'm back at work, so things will slow down.... I'll investigate things as time permits.

@Dave - remind me - you're still unable to checkout the git repo? I'll look at uploading a zip of the qt6-webengine-os2 dir - that you should be able to unzip, then use git pull to update. This is how I've transferred the source for some of my VM tests - whilst I was able to checkout the repo once on another machine, I've been unsuccessful since on other OS/2 machines.

Cheers,

Paul.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2023, 09:43:18 pm »
Hey Paul,

Just curious... there are 2 files in the root of your QT6 archive: 'ib' and 'llib'. What are they?

Running examples I'm seeing a lot of errors with QML stuff like:

qrc:/qml/qmlaxes/main.qml:30:1: module "QtQml.WorkerScript" plugin "workerscript
plugin" not found
     import QtQuick 2.0
     ^

Slight variations on that, but always referring to "workerscript plugin" not found.

Regards,
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:02:03 pm by David McKenna »

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2023, 10:29:04 pm »
Hey Dave,

I have no idea about the ib and llib - that system ended up running out of RAM last night during the rebuild, and had to be restarted, so maybe I'll repackage it?

No idea about the WorkerScript error - could be one of those cases where due to our 8.3 DLL convention, we have multiple DLL's with the same name so in effect, we're missing some.

Can you tell me which example (well just one will do) gives the error below, and I'll investigate.

Cheers,

Paul.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2023, 10:46:30 pm »
Hey all,

Just to set expectations... I just finished two weeks vacation, where I had more opportunity to play with things. Today, I'm back at work, so things will slow down.... I'll investigate things as time permits.

@Dave - remind me - you're still unable to checkout the git repo? I'll look at uploading a zip of the qt6-webengine-os2 dir - that you should be able to unzip, then use git pull to update. This is how I've transferred the source for some of my VM tests - whilst I was able to checkout the repo once on another machine, I've been unsuccessful since on other OS/2 machines.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul, no I never did get it checked out. Been meaning to boot to Linux and get it there, just haven't got around to it yet.
I've also been playing around with the latest Qt5 from Bitwise with your node.js but the system keeps trapping, discouraging. Today, thinking about things, I realized I started loading xf86sup.sys while playing with hobX11 so just rebooted with that remmed out to see if it was the problem, otherwise I guess try to get a dump and someone to look at it.
Thanks for your work

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 09, 2023, 09:24:19 am »
Hey Dave,

Just curious... there are 2 files in the root of your QT6 archive: 'ib' and 'llib'. What are they?

Confirming that these are just bogus files mistakenly located in my \qt6\ dir.....

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 09, 2023, 09:29:15 am »
Wonder what error 203 is? Did you mark the DLL to load high?

I chatted with Steven - error 203 is a cryptic way of saying the DLL is too big :)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 09, 2023, 09:30:52 am »
Some simple websites seem to load!!!!!

Anything SSL seems to crash with:
[54340:4:0108/165546.039000:ERROR:cert_verify_proc_builtin.cc(559)] No net_fetcher for performing AIA chasing.

So I've changed my mind - I don't think the above is directly the cause of the SSL issues - but at the same time, I'm not sure why the message is being logged. The was a similar message in cert_verify_proc_builtin.cc in Qt 5.15 but the message wasn't coming up endlessly.... interesting....

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 09, 2023, 10:25:42 am »
No idea about the WorkerScript error - could be one of those cases where due to our 8.3 DLL convention, we have multiple DLL's with the same name so in effect, we're missing some.

Can you tell me which example (well just one will do) gives the error below, and I'll investigate.

OK, so seems to be the WebEngineQuick examples that give this error....

On another topic, I saw a message about sqlite3 during one of my tests this evening, it reminded me of https://github.com/psmedley/qt6-webengine-os2/issues/2

I also need to investigate Komh's comment on https://github.com/psmedley/qt6-webengine-os2/commit/aaee21b9879cead674a26e44f7a6e06424324b6c
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 10:27:41 am by Paul Smedley »

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 09, 2023, 12:22:22 pm »
Paul,

Also any example that starts with 'QML...' under /examples/charts/.... will show the workerscript error. Some of those charts examples also have odd gray line or rectangle artifacts on them, especially animated ones.

Ran into this too:

01-08-2023  15:49:06  SYS2070  PID 008a  TID 0001  Slot 009f
C:\QT6\EXAMPLES\WEBENGINEQUICK\RECIPEBROWSER\RECIPEBROWSER.EXE
QT6QUICL->QT6QUICS.__ZN20QQuickFileNameFilter16staticMetaObjectE

I also have had some https:// websites work just fine - even with the simple browser. Try /examples/webenginewidgets/videoplayer - a youtube video that works fine here, even though it repeatedly shows the 'AIA chasing' error in the console.

Regards,
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 12:29:43 pm by David McKenna »

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 09, 2023, 01:44:17 pm »
could be one of those cases where due to our 8.3 DLL convention, we have multiple DLL's with the same name

Just a thought... It often seems like getting a usable 8.3 DLL name out of some of these build systems is quite a chore. Wouldn't it be easier to let these packages use whatever name they want, then in a post-processing step, update the file and module names as needed? This could be done at build-time or later in a batch coordinated by a control file.

If you're interested, let me know. I'd probably implement it in REXX (which is pretty good for patching binaries) but deliver it as an .exe so you wouldn't have to run 'cmd.exe'. And... since I'll probably recycle some of the REXX I wrote for MozTurbo, the util could also mark the DLL for high-mem, if desired.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 09, 2023, 04:45:33 pm »
Some simple websites seem to load!!!!!

Anything SSL seems to crash with:
[54340:4:0108/165546.039000:ERROR:cert_verify_proc_builtin.cc(559)] No net_fetcher for performing AIA chasing.

So I've changed my mind - I don't think the above is directly the cause of the SSL issues - but at the same time, I'm not sure why the message is being logged. The was a similar message in cert_verify_proc_builtin.cc in Qt 5.15 but the message wasn't coming up endlessly.... interesting....

I get the same messages along with complaints about OpenGl,
qt.webenginecontext: WebEngine compiled with no opengl enabled.
QQuickWidget is only supported on OpenGL. Use QQuickWindow::setGraphicsApi() to
override the default.
QQuickWidget is only supported on OpenGL. Use QQuickWindow::setGraphicsApi() to
override the default.
and yet have not found a page that doesn't load. The browser disappears often and last night while filling out a form, the WPS froze. I'm typing this in in Dooble. (BTW, spell check isn't working)
Thinking about what may be different, it occurred to me that how I unzipped the package might be the difference.
As I said earlier, I usually use fc/2 for unzipping, which shows the zip as empty, along time back I set up a user menu to unzip to the opposite panel, looking now, it is simply unzip with no parameters. I wonder if I'm losing a symlink or such that breaks things for others.
As for the disappearing, I still wonder about NSS as FF/SM had the same issue with NSS.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 09, 2023, 05:01:26 pm »
At youtube, some videos play, some freeze, skipped ads once and sound started looping and needed to restart the browser. It is playing AV1 video.
Full screen doesn't do anything, nor does F11. Clicking the mini-player thing, the browser froze at about a 3rd of loading the page. Need to restart the browser to continue, otherwise it just sits there with the circle thing spinning on the tab, same with another tab.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 09, 2023, 06:49:09 pm »
Seems that Dooble only likes some paths.
I've been running Dooble on my ramdisk, installed at h:\tmp\qt6 and https works fine. Tried installing to k:\qt6, never loads a https page. Tried k:\tmp\qt6, same result. Pretty weird that the drive would matter, they're both formatted JFS.
I'll try some others.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 09, 2023, 09:54:24 pm »
After resetting the profile, it seems to load HTTPS from any drive. Did finally get a trp, breakpoint.