OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

panorama not remembering monotor resolution

(1/3) > >>

ivan:
I have a very annoying problem.  If I boot the computer without the monitor being on panorama reverts to something like 640 x 480 which is stupid on my 1920 x 1200 28 inch monitor. 
Is there a way to make panorama remember the monitor resolution?  I have no problems like this with Linux on the same monitor via a kvm switch.

Paul Smedley:
Following, as I have this with a Thinkcentre I have upstairs, although in my case it reverts to 1024x768 - which is tolerable via VNC - but I'd prefer something higher res...

Dave Yeo:
Perhaps setting a Custom Resolution in the Screen object under Custom Resolutions? I had to do that at one point as my monitor was slightly broken.

Lars:

--- Quote from: ivan on December 01, 2022, 08:11:49 pm ---I have a very annoying problem.  If I boot the computer without the monitor being on panorama reverts to something like 640 x 480 which is stupid on my 1920 x 1200 28 inch monitor. 
Is there a way to make panorama remember the monitor resolution?  I have no problems like this with Linux on the same monitor via a kvm switch.

--- End quote ---

Same happens for me. I doubt that there is an easy way to circumvent that.

Neil Waldhauer:
For monitors that implement EDID, it should be working. For the rest, I think you can use panoutil -P (x) (y).

Also, there is panoutil -e... to set custom EDID. It works on my monitor, so I can't really test this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version