Author Topic: SCOUG  (Read 4714 times)

christech

• View Profile
SCOUG
« on: December 03, 2022, 10:36:04 pm »
Just wondering if anyone knows if SCOUG is still active. I ran across their website and tried contacting a few email addresses from the site but they all bounced.

Lars

• View Profile
Re: SCOUG
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 11:34:47 am »
Try to sacrifice a black cat at midnight, maybe that helps.
Just kidding, I don't want an innocent black cat do die...

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 02:01:51 pm »
Just wondering if anyone knows if SCOUG is still active. I ran across their website and tried contacting a few email addresses from the site but they all bounced.

www.scoug.com is still around. One of the Scoug member is Steve Levine. What is your OS/2 question ?
Send him an email on steve at earthlink.net

Roderick

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 10:28:06 pm »

www.scoug.com is still around. One of the Scoug member is Steve Levine. What is your OS/2 question ?
Send him an email on steve at earthlink.net

Roderick

steve53 at earthlink.net

JTA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 07:44:35 pm »
I looked at the website, and from what I could tell after poking around, things might not have been updated since 2020 (perhaps due to covid madness).

I also sent an email to the earthlink address, with a proposal to Steve for a presentation ...

Keep in mind that I don't live there, so really none of my business what happens in SCOUG territory, other than I like seeing user groups continue on ...

Sadly, I looked around Colorado (I'm in southern Colorado), and I found archeological evidence of two OS/2 user groups, but nothing existing (no websites, etc.) ... still "digging" in my area.

I think we need to find ways to get folks interested again, no matter which part of the country or world ... I hope a proposal outlining the "multi-VM strategy" (running ArcaOS alongside other vm's, and solving many problems of these forums) might help ...

Or, let's brainstorm other possible solutions ... even though SCOUG is there, and I'm here, perhaps more bodies (in spirit only) and more ideas will jumpstart things again?

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 12:57:04 am »
Hi JTA,

SCOUG is still alive and well.  We did stop meetings back in 2020 due to Covid, but hope to soon have live meetings again.  For now, you can join the SCOUG mail list by sending an email to MajorMajor@scoug.com with the following in the email body:

SUBSCRIBE SCOUG-HELP
      END

I believe Neil Waldhauer (BlondGuy) coordinates an OS/2 group in Northern CA.   

- Sean
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 06:29:38 pm by Sean Casey »