OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

JFS TRAP000E during unzip on JFS partition (same unzip on fat32 is ok)

(1/5) > >>

Remy:
Hi !

I could unzip a zip archive file with 12 DSF64 files in it on a JFS partition.
I then tried to unzip on other one with less files in it but all are big files (between 450MB and 800MB each)
It start the unzip and than a system hung or a trap000E.
I tried it several time and always got the same result (first, a system hung and after a reboot, new try -> trap000E)
I than tried to unzip a single file but I've got the same result.
At least, I tried a unzip of this archive file selecting all files into a FAT32 partition and it ended successful !
Any idea about this hung / TRAP000E ?
(latest ArcaOS release + all modules at latest level)

Regards
Rémy

Andi B.:

--- Quote ---(latest ArcaOS release + all modules at latest level)
--- End quote ---
New clean ArcaOS installation? Then it's best to open a ticket at AN.

I ask this cause I think you're the one with the DVD/JFS/UNICODE ticket we discussed the last days and in this ticket it turned out that you didn't test on a fresh ArcaOS installation but installed these faulty cputemp package which in turn leads to your trap you reported there. That said I fear no one here can guess what your page fault (000E) really triggered. Your memory settings or?

Remy:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on December 04, 2022, 12:28:29 pm ---
--- End quote ---

I ask this cause I think you're the one with the DVD/JFS/UNICODE ticket we discussed the last days and in this ticket it turned out that you didn't test on a fresh ArcaOS installation but installed these faulty cputemp package which in turn leads to your trap you reported there. That said I fear no one here can guess what your page fault (000E) really triggered. Your memory settings or?

--- End quote ---

It looks there is confusion.
It isn't me.

Remy:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on December 04, 2022, 12:28:29 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'm under ArcaOS 5.0.7 since a long time now.

What I reported under the post where someone got a trap due installed cputemp package due missing unicode is that I had in the past when i was under v5.0.2 ArcaOS a similar JFS issue after having installed Lotus french package creating path names with accent characters.

This is completly different, no unicode, no accent chars problem, no pathname issue.
It start writting for a few seconds before getting the trap.
Ticket opened

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Remy on December 04, 2022, 05:33:24 pm ---.....

It looks there is confusion.
It isn't me.

--- End quote ---
I didn't know there are more than one Remy using ArcaOS. This ticket I posted in the other threat is what I meant - https://mantis.arcanoae.com/view.php?id=1223. Out of curiosity this was a TRAP 000E too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version