Author Topic: Login (userid) box for email missing in Firefox 45.9.0  (Read 39060 times)

jkrim

• View Profile
Login (userid) box for email missing in Firefox 45.9.0
« on: December 11, 2022, 01:19:13 am »
It looks like suddenly Comcast (email) must have changed their website login page, because I used to be able to login just fine on eCS with Firefox 45.9.0.
Now,  the page to login is missing a "box" where one enters their userid/email.  I suspect perhaps they made it "Flashy" (?)  Anyway, is there any way to fix this?

I attempted to install Qupzilla to see if it would work, but it is *very* difficult to install and I forgot I have ANPM so I was trying to install all the components manually, but I must have forgot something or incorrectly installed it because when I try to invoke it from a command line, it just flashes and does nothing.

TIA,
Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Login (userid) box for email missing in Firefox 45.9.0
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 02:35:13 am »
Surprised it worked so long. Your guess that they updated something to be flashy is probably right. Our old Firefox is lacking in various newer JavaScript.
Options are to install Dooble and use that or perhaps you can use Thunderbird to access your mail. Comcast probably has directions on how to setup Thunderbird somewhere. If you use IMAP, you can access your account from various devices, with POP, you have to be careful if you don't want to delete messages as you download them.
Personally, I like using a real email client such as Thunderbird (or SeaMonkey) but everyone has their own preferences
Edit: Dooble can be installed from an RPM using ANPM or cmdline, it is resource intensive and lacking in things like a password manager.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 02:36:47 am by Dave Yeo »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 04:34:06 am »
Hi jkrim

Can you also share the URL to check it out?
Like Dave said install Dooble and give it a try. Use ANPM or just run "yum install dooble".

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 04:53:31 am »
The url is:

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite

i got a message from yum install Dooble that the package cannot be found.  :(

Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 05:01:37 am »
yum install dooble should work. Seems Yum is case sensitive.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2022, 05:03:53 am »
Doesn't matter.   Dooble or dooble.  Neither work for me.
Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 05:57:21 am »
Are you using i686? IIRC, Dooble (and some of the supporting QT5 DLLs) is only available for Pentium 4.
Assuming you have a CPU that supports SSE2, go to @unixroot\etc\rpm\platform and change the line "i686-OS/2-OS/2" to "pentium4-OS/2-OS/2" (without the quotes) and retry. Doesn't really hurt to mix i686 and Pentium 4 though occasionally an update can get confused. It is a lot easier with ANPM, easier to change the platform and can right click on a package, choose get version or such and choose i686 or pentium4.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 06:06:04 am »
I really have no idea what you are saying, Dave.  This is a Core I5 VPro.  Anyway, after much manual installation of things, I got Dooble up and running but get this:

url = https://www.google.com

Load Error

Dooble cannot establish a secure connection to www.google.com. Please visit the Allowed SSL Ciphers panel and review your selections.

I tried to uncheck them all or check them all.  Doesn't seem to want to load a site (Google).

Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2022, 07:48:35 am »
Do you have the ca-certificates package installed?
Better explanation. OS/2 RPM's come in two flavours, i686 and pentium4. i686 used to be the default and now has been mostly dropped. Pentium4 supports things like MMX and SSE.
@unixroot expands to the drive letter where your RPM stuff is installed, perhaps C:. By changing \etc\rpm\package you will switch to pentium4 packages, which are compatible to i686. As Dooble is only available as a pentium4 package, after changing the platform, everything you install will be a pentium4 package.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 01:29:12 pm »
https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite
Hi, I confirm that with Firefox 45 can not see the "box" and can't type anything there. With Dooble I can see it and I type inside it.

About "i686 and pentium4". Check if you can change settings on ANPM to "pentium4". Go to "Manager -> Platform", in my case I only have "pentium4".

If you don't see  "Manager -> Platform", update your version of ANPM from this site: https://www.arcanoae.com/resources/downloadables/arca-noae-package-manager/

Regards

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 01:33:29 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2022, 04:49:16 pm »
I changed the ANPM to pentium4, and update the ca-certificates (now pentiurm4 download), but still Dooble doesn't work.  Do I have to reinall all the Dooble dependent packages now with pentium4?

Jordan

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2022, 05:04:57 pm »
Delete the cache \home\.doolble. This could cause the browser not to work.

Roderick

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2022, 05:14:55 pm »
I changed the ANPM to pentium4, and update the ca-certificates (now pentiurm4 download), but still Dooble doesn't work.  Do I have to reinall all the Dooble dependent packages now with pentium4?

Jordan
Hi Jordan.

The recommendation that is on the wild is that all your packages should be changed/reinstalled to pentium4 (if available on the RPM).

When you say "Dooble doesn't work" what do you mean? You double click it and just don't do or show anything? that may mean that some libraries are missing.
I like to use "PMDLL dooble.exe" for example to check any DLL that may be in red to know what is missing. 

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2022, 05:27:25 pm »

Jordan

When I switched over, IIRC, I just used the pentium4 Qt5 packages. Perhaps you need to use the pentium4 OpenSSL and TSL packages to fix the HTTPS problem. As Roderick mentioned, also delete \home\.dooble.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2022, 12:44:00 am »
I have no idea where Dooble "cache" is.   Where is /home/dooble on eCS? 

Again,  Dooble opens and tyring url https://www.google.com says:

Load Error

Dooble cannot establish a secure connection to www.google.com. Please visit the Allowed SSL Ciphers panel and review your selections.

FYI, url http://www.google.com works but this won't help me access connect.xfinity.com.

What is supposed to be checked on the tab Windows -> Allowed SSL Ciphers ?  All unchecked?  All checked?

Jordan