Author Topic: Login (userid) box for email missing in Firefox 45.9.0  (Read 39068 times)

jkrim

• View Profile
Re: Login (userid) box for email missing in Firefox 45.9.0
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2022, 01:33:55 am »
So  I went and looked at that same URL.  I have TB 45.8.0, and unfortunately I have no Tools -> Account Settings, so I can't proceed further.

Update: Clicked on email.  Clicked on Skip this and use my existing email.  Entered name (wasn't sure if this was userid), email address and password.  It won't go.  Either the servers are wrong or I'm wondering if this will work at all.  I have 2 step verification where after entering my password it sends a text to my phone where then I put that code in which finally then loads my email.  Maybe TB doesn't support that?

Jordan
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 03:12:45 am by jkrim »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2022, 03:29:07 am »
So  I went and looked at that same URL.  I have TB 45.8.0, and unfortunately I have no Tools -> Account Settings, so I can't proceed further.

Sorry, forgot about the stupid hamburger menu. Right click on the grey area just below the title bar and choose menu bar.

Update: Clicked on email.  Clicked on Skip this and use my existing email.  Entered name (wasn't sure if this was userid), email address and password.  I won't go.  Either the servers are wrong or I'm wondering if this will work at all.  I have 2 step verification where after entering my password it sens a text to my phone where then I put that code in which finally then loads my email.  Maybe TB doesn't support that?

Jordan

Hmm, it could, there's a browser in there as well and it tries something similar when I attempt to use Oauth2 authentication, which unluckily is broken. The question is how.
Can you go into Account Settings, look at the Server Settings for your account and report what the Authentication Method is?
I'll do some research but you might have to use something like an app password bypassing the 2factor authentication.
Must be other Comcast users here, maybe they'll chime in.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2022, 03:51:27 am »
                                Server Hostname   Port SSL          Authentication       
Incoming : IMAP   imap.comcast.net   993 SSL/TLS Normal Password
Outgoing : SMTP  smtp.comcast.net    465 SSL/TLS Normal Password
Username :Incoming : jkrim                        outgoing: jkrim

Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2022, 04:49:25 am »
                                Server Hostname   Port SSL          Authentication       
Incoming : IMAP   imap.comcast.net   993 SSL/TLS Normal Password
Outgoing : SMTP  smtp.comcast.net    465 SSL/TLS Normal Password
Username :Incoming : jkrim                        outgoing: jkrim

Jordan

OK, looks right for normal use. is that the correct Username? I think it should be your full email address. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-thunderbird? though auto-detect seems to have gone away and "Normal Password" is common and likely right for you.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2022, 04:45:39 pm »
I tried Incoming Autodetect but the only button to push was re-test and it changed it right back to Normal Password after checking the server.
It looks like there is no client on OS/2 (eCS) that will do 2 way authentication, so I may just not be able to do email anymore on this platform. :(

Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2022, 07:01:27 pm »
Yes, it looks like it doesn't work with even close to up to date Thunderbird, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1320890 and likely not with any mail client.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2022, 12:18:42 am »
Well, that's that.   Unless I magically find a way to get Dooble working, I guess I won't have email access for eCS.  Too bad Comcast decided to get fancy pants and obsolete the ability to logon with older browsers.

Update:  Yay!  Got Dooble working and don't even have to do highmen.  The key was (and I apologize that someone suggested this) was to do a yum update and although it didn't seem to work completely (some checksum error), this did not prevent Dooble from finally working!

Now, can anyone out there tell me if there is a way for Dooble to save open tabs like Firefox, so when you re open it they are all there?

Jordan
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 12:59:44 am by jkrim »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2022, 12:59:41 am »
Hi Jordan.

I'm sorry, but I don't use eComStation for a long time, I use ArcaOS. I had run Dooble on OS/2 Warp 4.52 VM and it runs and works.
I'm running out of ideas on how to make Dooble work on your system.

Can you can generate a "Testlog Generic" (get testlog here) report and post is here. Maybe we can get an idea of what may be wrong with your system.

Do you have XWorkplace installed? Can you check if you have duplicated DLLS on "OS/2 kernel" ? (Check attached pictured, you may post your pic back).

Regards
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 01:01:28 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2022, 01:03:19 am »
See my update in previous post - got it working so some package was buggered apparently.  Thanks Martin, Dave and others for hanging with me.
Repeating my Dooble question:
Can anyone out there tell me if there is a way for Dooble to save open tabs like Firefox, so when you re open it they are all there?

Jordan

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2022, 01:56:37 am »
Unluckily, you can't with Dooble. You can use History to restore recent sites and if you click the star in the URL bar, add sites to Favouites, which is under Tools and doesn't seem to work here.
It is a work in progress as well as the port being a work in progress and we're hoping that drag'n'drop eventually works for more bookmark options.
The checksum error seems to be there for everyone and is harmless. Make sure you keep the YUM/RPM stuff up to date as work is being done.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2022, 09:33:22 pm »
Can anyone out there tell me if there is a way for Dooble to save open tabs like Firefox, so when you re open it they are all there?
Hi.
I don't think that Dooble has that feature (not even the Windows/Linux versions). Dooble also does not has a password manager tool.
Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.