OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Any one know what current crop of Intel or AMD processors work in ARCA OS?

<< < (6/6)

Eugene Tucker:
Ivan I did get the ASRock 450 board and found that it works like a champ the UEFI is so simple. The old Asus board I never could get to work. You are right the manufacturers do use different implementations even if the same UEFI maker.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi ivan,

--- Quote from: ivan on February 04, 2023, 01:28:11 am ---...All my computers have various iterations of the AMD Ryzen processor now which I assemble/build myself.  The top of the range for me is an MSI B550-A PRO board with a Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G.  I also have a couple of ASRock B450 PRO 4 with Ryzen 3 3200G.  All of them drive 1920 x 1200 HDMI monitors.  At the moment I have set the UEFI bios to compatibility mode and everything works well.

--- End quote ---

Any chance you could run SysBench and post the results?

I've been looking to upgrade the hardware here, and truth be told the only thing that is holding me back is the pleasure of using the two 1920x1200 panels...not going back to a single monitor, not at this time.

Having said that though, with more CPU power I suspect that even a generic video driver (non accelerated SNAP, or simply Panorama) can produce pretty good results. So maybe I can see myself replacing the two monitors with a nice large (curved) display???

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version