OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

WPS - Drive and Folder ICON/TREE/DETAILS font size change, which way?

<< < (2/2)

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski on January 01, 2023, 03:43:37 pm ---Andi and Martin,

These are good suggestions you guys, but I ONLY want to change the font size for the Drives/Drive/Folder WPS objects...I do not want to modify anything else.

--- End quote ---
Why don't you set it for this folder in the appropriate Folder menu display section then? Or simply drag another font into this folder? I mean I checked again and it works here as it worked since ages - font palette -> drag desired font onto the open folder. In your case the drives folder. I cant see what does not work for you. It's simple drag 'n drop.

I only can imagine that this does not work anymore with xview enabled as I can't test this. Sorry no xview here. Maybe a xview bug?

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Andi,

--- Quote from: Andi B. on January 01, 2023, 05:37:01 pm ---Why don't you set it for this folder in the appropriate Folder menu display section then? Or simply drag another font into this folder?...
--- End quote ---

Yup, already tested...and yes it works at the individual folder level...but it does NOT propagate downwards to the child folders.

So I was thinking (wondering actually, thus this post) that maybe changing the font size at the master parent object, such as a Drive (since all the folders are children of the Drive object - I think...) would maybe cause the change to propage downwards to all the folders???

I'm just going to do an extra backup of my INIs and give this a whirl...worst case is that I go back to the previous INI.

Rich Walsh:

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski on January 01, 2023, 03:43:37 pm ---I ONLY want to change the font size for the Drives/Drive/Folder WPS objects...I do not want to modify anything else.

--- End quote ---

To change the default font used by the WPS for icon titles and details-view text, edit os2.ini->PM_SystemFonts->IconText.
The default is normally 9.WarpSans but at 1920*1080, 10.WarpSans is more appropriate, particularly if you use Xview a lot (it always uses the default).

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Rich!

--- Quote from: Rich Walsh on January 01, 2023, 06:36:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski on January 01, 2023, 03:43:37 pm ---I ONLY want to change the font size for the Drives/Drive/Folder WPS objects...I do not want to modify anything else.

--- End quote ---

To change the default font used by the WPS for icon titles and details-view text, edit os2.ini->PM_SystemFonts->IconText.
The default is normally 9.WarpSans but at 1920*1080, 10.WarpSans is more appropriate, particularly if you use Xview a lot (it always uses the default).

--- End quote ---

Great advice...tried this, results being:

1) ALL folders were changed, so not just the Drive child folders but ANY folder present everywhere
- I understand why given the INI key, but I only wanted to change Drive child folders

2) the TREE view was not changed, I'm not sure if this is a XWP side-effect though?
- this setting remains as 9.WarpSans, is there another GLOBAL settings somewhere else that changes this?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version