Public Discussions > General Discussion

Virtualization & OS/2 - How are you using it (if any)?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Per E. Johannessen on March 25, 2023, 03:10:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: Lars on March 25, 2023, 01:05:01 pm ---Maybe, AN is now putting the emphasis on business customers, then they do not have the need for a working browser.

--- End quote ---
As a "business user" I can confirm that we definitely need a working browser.

--- End quote ---

I'm doing my best to get Qt updated (and keep it updated) so that we have a reasonably modern browser. Sure, Dooble isn't as feature packed as Chrome or Firefox, but it seems pretty capable and keeps getting better.

David McKenna:
 I quite like Dooble, it's nice and light... my only complaint now is if I open a link from a Web Folder, it opens a new instance of Dooble rather than open a new tab in the existing instance (and sucks up a bunch of memory). Any of you programmers know if this is something that can be corrected within Dooble, or is it in the nature of OS/2? I could raise an issue on the Dooble github if it is possible to correct there...

Regards,

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: David McKenna on March 25, 2023, 11:21:07 pm --- I quite like Dooble, it's nice and light... my only complaint now is if I open a link from a Web Folder, it opens a new instance of Dooble rather than open a new tab in the existing instance (and sucks up a bunch of memory). Any of you programmers know if this is something that can be corrected within Dooble, or is it in the nature of OS/2? I could raise an issue on the Dooble github if it is possible to correct there...

Regards,

--- End quote ---

Open an issue. Textbrowser is pretty good about implementing things like this, often as a setting. It has the same problem opening from a cmd line, so mention that. I'd assume it has the same behaviour on all platforms.

Paul Smedley:
Confirmed on linux - opened a dooble window - then from a command line tried 'dooble https://www.abc.net.au' and it opened in a new window rather than a new tab of the existing window.

Dave Yeo:
Well, with SeaMonkey, and IIRC, also Firefox, there's a setting  under Browser-->Link Behaviour, Links from other applications with the choices of the current tab/window, a new tab in the current window or a new window. IIRC, the default is a new window.
To start another browser instance, need the parameter -no-remote along with -profilemanager or -profile=name or such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version