OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

4OS2 Location Discussion

<< < (3/3)

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on January 14, 2023, 05:22:10 pm ---news://news.gmane.io/gmane.org.netlabs.4os2.user
Last message is from 2014. I can not post anything else there, I guess it is read only. I haven't used a Newsgroup reader in years.

--- End quote ---
I think there were no newer post than the ones from 06.04.2014.

gmane.org.netlabs.community was active until January 2020 at least. But I think not longer.

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on January 14, 2023, 05:00:24 pm ---Please check how http://trac.netlabs.org/4os2/wiki looks now.
I'm open to suggestions.

--- End quote ---
Greggs latest version is at the netlabs ftp too. I guess it's the same as at Hobbes. I can upload new versions at netlabs ftp if I'm aware of.

--- Quote ---Andi B. Is it possible to sync your bitbucket code with Stevens Github, or both development took different routes and it is not possible?

--- End quote ---
We always worked at the same sources until the situation with perforce got to cumbersome/impossible to deal with. I've no clue why Steven created the one at github, I wasn't aware of this since a few days. Before I created the bitbucket repository I started to discuss this at the AN dev list. Also because I saw Steven made some versions for AN which I couldn't find the sources for. IIRC there was no feedback so I went ahead and created the bitbucket repo. Maybe Steven forgot about this or didn't recognize. Anyway if the github repo is the one where the current coders work it's better to delete my bitbucket repo. But then we should discuss the access rights there.

Long talking but in the end I think Gregg should decide how to move on with 4os2 cause he's the one who contributed most the last years.

Gregg Young:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on January 14, 2023, 01:14:13 pm ---Gregg, I think you're latest 4os2 sources are in https://github.com/StevenLevine/4os2, right? Have you tagged your 3.11 release there? I'm not very experienced with git/github but currently I see no release tags or releases.

--- End quote ---

Yes the latest sources are in https://github.com/StevenLevine/4os2. I have not tagged the release and probably can't tag it exactly because of how the updating of the repo was done. If you wish I will tag what is there now since it is close to the 3.11 release. 

I wasn't aware of the bitbucket repo. Do you have code that isn't in the git repo? I'm sure Steven would give you access to the git repo. My vote is to go with github for this. Thanks

Gregg

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Gregg Young on January 14, 2023, 11:31:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: Andi B. on January 14, 2023, 01:14:13 pm ---Gregg, I think you're latest 4os2 sources are in https://github.com/StevenLevine/4os2, right? Have you tagged your 3.11 release there? I'm not very experienced with git/github but currently I see no release tags or releases.

--- End quote ---

Yes the latest sources are in https://github.com/StevenLevine/4os2. I have not tagged the release and probably can't tag it exactly because of how the updating of the repo was done. If you wish I will tag what is there now since it is close to the 3.11 release. 

I wasn't aware of the bitbucket repo. Do you have code that isn't in the git repo? I'm sure Steven would give you access to the git repo. My vote is to go with github for this. Thanks

Gregg

--- End quote ---

Searching my emails I found that the last time I checked out from perforce was around 24.04.2020. I've nothing newer than that (which could be useful for others). So most probably Steven has the same or newer.

Tagging - I like it when properly done. But when it's not easy to tag exactly the released version it's better you wait and tag when you make the next 3.12 release (or some intermediate version distributed with ArcaOS).

github is fine cause both of you seem to have arranged with it. I mean do what you like as you're the main contributor during the last years. I don't have plans to contribute much as my work on a graphical overlay (to overcome 8k screen buffer) stalls since years anyway. I only prefer to have a common place with current sources accessible to others. In other words keep it open source :-).

I thought Steven is working on including old commit data before he wanted to create a new git repo (or did we discuss this for openwatcom?). Do you know anything about that? I fear it's impossible (to hard to do) without the help of Perforce. At least that's what I understand back then.

Gregg Young:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on January 15, 2023, 11:05:25 am ---Searching my emails I found that the last time I checked out from perforce was around 24.04.2020. I've nothing newer than that (which could be useful for others). So most probably Steven has the same or newer.

Tagging - I like it when properly done. But when it's not easy to tag exactly the released version it's better you wait and tag when you make the next 3.12 release (or some intermediate version distributed with ArcaOS).

github is fine cause both of you seem to have arranged with it. I mean do what you like as you're the main contributor during the last years. I don't have plans to contribute much as my work on a graphical overlay (to overcome 8k screen buffer) stalls since years anyway. I only prefer to have a common place with current sources accessible to others. In other words keep it open source :-).

I thought Steven is working on including old commit data before he wanted to create a new git repo (or did we discuss this for openwatcom?). Do you know anything about that? I fear it's impossible (to hard to do) without the help of Perforce. At least that's what I understand back then.

--- End quote ---

I favor proper tagging also but it didn't work out this time because of the repo issues. 4OS2 will remain open source. I think this discussion was about openwatcom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version