Author Topic: Qt6 Application Testing  (Read 161406 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Qt6 Application Testing
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2023, 07:29:00 am »
Thought I'd get brave and ran highmem -b *.dll in qt6\lib. Seems OK so far.
I found with Mozilla that some versions were fine with -b and others crashy, but fine with -c.
BTW, is spell correction working for anyone? I noticed that I hadn't ticked any languages so ticked en_US and en_GB (we use a hybrid in Canada), still not working here.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2023, 07:36:08 am »
Let us knwo how you go with highmem -b.

re: spellcheck - I seem to recall Dave Mckenna commenting that it didn't work.

config.summary shows:
Code: [Select]
  Spellchecker ........................... yes
  Native Spellchecker .................... no

No idea what native spellchecker is <shrug>

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2023, 08:00:43 am »
Stable here so far.
Hunspell might work as Native Spell checker, there's aspell as well. Try installing the devel packages.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2023, 08:36:01 am »
Stable here so far.
Hunspell might work as Native Spell checker, there's aspell as well. Try installing the devel packages.

There is a copy of Hunspell  in https://github.com/psmedley/qt6-webengine-os2/tree/main/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/hunspell

I tried installing hunspell-devel didn't make any difference.

Looking into *cmake* now to see what references there are to 'spell'

Reviewed configure output, and installed a bunch of other libs that weren't being detected. Determined to get out html5test higher than the qt5 one :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:42:45 am by Paul Smedley »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2023, 08:53:23 am »
What about FFmpeg? Mozilla dynamically loaded it, which meant patching for our 8.3 DLL names.
As for Hunspell, I forgot to enable system Hunspell with SeaMonkey, works the same as FF and TB where we do use the system Hunspell. Not sure if Bitwise ever patched it.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2023, 09:05:54 am »
I don't see any way to enable system hunspell. I might look at applying the bww patches to the code that's in third_party.

configure output is attached... I hadn't thought to check if it's dynamically loading DLL's

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2023, 12:19:32 pm »
This website blocks me the browser, when I try to select another graph, days, months, years, etc.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AA?p=AA&.tsrc=fin-srch

The title of the text of the photo that attached this defective, compare it with the same text below (inside the photo)

In Ing bank I can enter !!, but once inside the dooble is blocked, as in Yahoo.

In Google, when introducing the password, if you have special characters, such as | \ €@| , Algr+Key fails, I can only do it with Copy Paste, writing it somewhere else and sticking it.

YouTube, fails too.
You are improving, thanks.

Mike Kölling

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2023, 01:55:46 pm »
Let us knwo how you go with highmem -b.

I applied highmem -b to all DLLs in "QT6\lib". Works fine for ms so far.
Greetings, Mike

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2023, 09:19:16 pm »
With https://smedley.id.au/tmp/qt6webee-20230213.zip I installed a few more libs (opus, vpx, webp) and re-ran configure - html5test score is the same, but it now has a tick against h.264 support

For any hangs that are reproduceable, try and capture the stdout output to see if it logs anything interesting.

ie
dooble.exe >stdout 2>stderr and if there's a hang - check for any messages that might gives clues
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:20:53 pm by Paul Smedley »

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2023, 10:17:31 pm »
Hey Paul,

Thanks for adding H.264 support! Don't know if you noticed, but if you click on the description of a feature on the html5test result, you get a popup that shows the status (stable, experimental, etc.), point value, and 'compare' which in turn goes to a page that shows which browsers support the feature. There are several items that are supported by Chrome (with stable status), but not enabled in our Dooble.

Here, I can reliably get a system hang going to https://www.youtube.com . Tried capturing stdout and stderr using your example and went to youtube (which immediately hung the system), but after a <ctrl><alt><num-lock><num-lock>, stdout and stderr were both 0 bytes (<ctrl><alt><del> doesn't work when Dooble hangs).

I can provide a system dump from one of these hangs if you ever need one.

Regards,

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2023, 10:27:45 pm »
Hey Dave,

Yeah I saw that hang with YouTube too. I frankly have not much clue what to do with a dump - using them to fix a trap in unique is one thing, debugging a hang is another.

On other news, the dooble maintainer accepted the patches for os2 in https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/pull/157

I'm not sure if bww ever tried to submit these previously.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2023, 10:40:12 pm »
Hey Dave,

Yeah I saw that hang with YouTube too. I frankly have not much clue what to do with a dump - using them to fix a trap in unique is one thing, debugging a hang is another.

On other news, the dooble maintainer accepted the patches for os2 in https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/pull/157

I'm not sure if bww ever tried to submit these previously.

I think it has never been done because the browser was still in development stage. And Dmitry was short on time last year.

Roderick

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2023, 10:58:51 pm »
Dmitry doesn't seem to like submitting patches upstream, too time intensive.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2023, 11:15:01 pm »
-Paul
When the Dooble slows down, it coincides with my memory indicator showing movements of plus or minus 10000 BYTES, but I have much more free memory.
I attach a zip with two stderr.

-David
I understand that in order to get the stderr you need to close the Dooble, with crtl + q or the menu. Never with the top right button, I think that's the same as when he closes himself.
Saludos

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2023, 11:26:21 pm »
Hey Paul,

Thanks for adding H.264 support! Don't know if you noticed, but if you click on the description of a feature on the html5test result, you get a popup that shows the status (stable, experimental, etc.), point value, and 'compare' which in turn goes to a page that shows which browsers support the feature. There are several items that are supported by Chrome (with stable status), but not enabled in our Dooble.

Here, I can reliably get a system hang going to https://www.youtube.com . Tried capturing stdout and stderr using your example and went to youtube (which immediately hung the system), but after a <ctrl><alt><num-lock><num-lock>, stdout and stderr were both 0 bytes (<ctrl><alt><del> doesn't work when Dooble hangs).

I can provide a system dump from one of these hangs if you ever need one.

Regards,

I get frequent system hangs with both QT5 and QT6 Dooble.  I found marking dooble.exe and the QtWebEngineProcess.exe as mpunsafe largely alleviating them.  Neither the 14.203 kernel nor SET QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--single-process were effective for me for eliminating the hangs.

P.S.
Just tried youtube and hung system despite the mpunsafe. It is not immediate, has one processor at 100% for 30-45s before the hang and if I close dooble (before system hang) it leaves a hung process that I have to DosKillProcess. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:48:13 pm by Andy Willis »