Author Topic: Qt6 Application Testing  (Read 177010 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Re: Qt6 Application Testing
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2023, 03:32:25 pm »
This patch, improves the AV1 videos, lighting blocks in memory.
I do not know if it will work for others, and if it will be easy or difficult to apply it to the qt6webee.dll, which is about the DLL that I apply it.
saludos
It improves a lot but it seems that in certain circumstances, there is a second memory block.

saludos

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2023, 10:09:22 pm »
Hi Roberto,

This patch, improves the AV1 videos, lighting blocks in memory.
I do not know if it will work for others, and if it will be easy or difficult to apply it to the qt6webee.dll, which is about the DLL that I apply it.
saludos

Can you explain what this patch is doing? That might help me understand how to implement it in source code. Of course, who knows, my upcoming build may negate the need for it :)

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2023, 01:06:39 am »
Hi Paul
Can you explain what this patch is doing? That might help me understand how to implement it in source code. Of course, who knows, my upcoming build may negate the need for it :)
Of course, it's simple.
When an error occurs, the except generates a file, or several, the first is always the good.

Exception C000009F - Breakpoint

Process:  C:\VAR\TMP\QT6\BIN\DOOBLE-QT6.EXE (02/19/2023 00:32:25 7,189,189)
 PID:      86 (134)
 TID:      12 (18)
 Priority: 200

Filename: C:\VAR\TMP\QT6\LIB\QT6WEBEE.DLL (02/22/2023 08:16:05 258,111,311)
 Address:  005B:A9D77A71 (0001:04B97A71)

In 99% of cases
Adress is 005B
I take the physical address 04B97A71
Having open or executing to load that DLL in memory, the necessary program.
I open the theeus and look for that address,
I take a list of the 1000 records, or 10000 or more records from that address. And I keep it.
I have it automated with the L5B1.cmd program, to read that theseus file, and extract positions
of the 5B value, putting it in another file, copy paste to the basic.
And I begin to try, and adjust what is left over. It seems difficult for me to do what you do. But this
for me it is relatively simple. (In my time with the Vic20 and Commodore64, when the lives changed
To the Pacman, it took 15 to 20 minutes to record a tape, now it is in seconds, could not fail or
I had to start the process)

What does:
Read the 5B value in memory and put the value of 1
From what I have been able to observe, I have the sensation that this value determines the speed of the programs,
The problem is that sometimes it has to have its value that corresponds to it, different from 1. and the only way of knowing it
For me it is by proof and error.
According to my observations, the value of 1 is the fastest and harder in the case of failure.
It has been commenting possible for a long time but as everyone would have worse.
When executing the program in QBASIC, 5b = 1 constantly charged in memory
When the program is executed, that position is with value 1,
  And the program interprets it as we are going fast. And that's it.
Somehow, it would be logical to think that this value linked to the processors should be, do you imagine an 8086 at these speeds?

How can you implement it?
  I don't know, don't be programmed, and I barely have some knowledge of Rexx.
  Yes, I can't help you.

I am attaching:
2 Exception errors that came out when I told him to watch videos in 4K,
  Memory exploded. (The game begins)
The L5B1.cmd program, which is capable of collecting everything that theseus is able to deliver a blow.
And another patch, which seems to me that the first and second blockade of memory solves.
With this second patch, which replaces the previous I have seen without problems videos in 4K, but it seems to me
That YouTube no longer leaves me, I will try it tomorrow.

The patch I think has a failure, in some videos you have to change the quality of the video so that
Start. That is 320, 400, 700, 1080, etc.

I need to verify if I can take away everything from QT5   037AB0EB
Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2023, 01:20:47 pm »
To execute my patch, it is necessary to execute QT6 dooble, create a new profile, and put a 512mb cache, and click on apply.
saludos

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2023, 10:03:10 pm »
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/qt6webee-20230306.zip is built with -mno-avx - so there is no avx code present. Really interested to see if this solves anything :) (Or makes anything worse)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2023, 10:55:20 pm »
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/qt6webee-20230306.zip is built with -mno-avx - so there is no avx code present. Really interested to see if this solves anything :) (Or makes anything worse)

No change here, VP9 videos play great, AV1 plays for up to a minute then freezes.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2023, 11:07:42 pm »
So playing around trying to enable wal on the dooble sqlite3 files, with the Qt6 Dooble, while it seems to work, afterwards nothing will load and I actually had to nuke the whole of HOME to get it working again. Luckily I'm using a specific HOME for Qt6.
Doing the same with the Qt5 Dooble, things continue to work.
Here's the wal.sh script to enable wal, run it in your .dooble directory after backing up.
Code: [Select]
ls *.db | while read filename;
  do sqlite3 $filename 'PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL;';
done;
And unwal.sh to turn it off,
Code: [Select]
ls *.db | while read filename;
  do sqlite3 $filename 'PRAGMA journal_mode=delete;';
done;

Wal stands for write ahead log, like a journal, should speed things up and survive crashes better. Had to get a sqlite expert to add it to sqlite3 somewhere in the FF3.7 times and Mozilla uses it for some sqlite files.
scripts borrowed from https://til.simonwillison.net/sqlite/enabling-wal-mode

Edit: perhaps due to mismatched sqlite3 executables? Doesn't seem likely but who knows
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 11:09:29 pm by Dave Yeo »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2023, 02:05:28 am »

No change here, VP9 videos play great, AV1 plays for up to a minute then freezes.

Thanks for testing - I've revert the change to add -mno-avx and back out some of the changes to work around it - seems like the CPU detection is functioning in most places in the code, so from a code maintenance point of view, I'd prefer to limit the source changes...

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2023, 02:26:58 pm »
 Paul,

This latest 20230306 qt6webee does seem somewhat better here - AV1 files stop playing after a couple of seconds (VP9 are fine), but I have not had a single system hang after about an hour of trying videos on YouTube. It appears the video keeps streaming even after it stops showing (using the 'Stats for Nerds' display) and I have found that AV1 files that show a static image and play music continue to work to the end. Occasionally, I have even had the image briefly change after a freeze if I wait long enough. More progress!

Regards,

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2023, 04:48:31 pm »
Since yesterday my test machine and after an error with the dooble-qt6, in Arca507,
The operation is disastrous, but only in youtube. In other tv chanels I can see good videos.

Between the previous version of qt6webee.dll and the new one, I do not see differences,
 I am left with the old version.
Since everything is going wrong with youtube, they appear in the console errors frequently that they did not come
out before,like this, or similar:

[125:6:0305/210609.479000:ERROR:indexed_db_factory_impl.cc(583)] Failed to GetDB
SizeFromEnv: IO error: /000009.ldb: File not found

It doesn't matter if you use an old profile or delete the previous profile and believe a new one.

Tellie Ports
Heimer
SYS1804: The System Cannot Find the File Qt6coret.

The system does not find it and I don't find it either.

The other two applications seem 100% ok, but I have tested little.

Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2023, 08:30:22 pm »
It seems that I am recovering my profile, and the CC errors have disappeared (583)
But through Yahoo, I have been able to start watching the YouTube 4K video for a few minutes
to a resolution of 1080. photo 4k.png
I can't watch videos from YouTube. Not even the first page.

The last video that sends me everything to the fret is the photo 12kvideo.png, I get the attention for the format.
Really the latter, I can't see it and that's why I made a photo.
saludos

TeLLie

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2023, 08:53:02 pm »
Since yesterday my test machine and after an error with the dooble-qt6, in Arca507,
The operation is disastrous, but only in youtube. In other tv chanels I can see good videos.

Between the previous version of qt6webee.dll and the new one, I do not see differences,
 I am left with the old version.
Since everything is going wrong with youtube, they appear in the console errors frequently that they did not come
out before,like this, or similar:

[125:6:0305/210609.479000:ERROR:indexed_db_factory_impl.cc(583)] Failed to GetDB
SizeFromEnv: IO error: /000009.ldb: File not found

It doesn't matter if you use an old profile or delete the previous profile and believe a new one.

Hello Roberto.....

Tellie Ports
Heimer
SYS1804: The System Cannot Find the File Qt6coret.

The system does not find it and I don't find it either.
Did you have use this qt6-6.2.4-os2-20230214.zip
Afaik there is the Qt6Coret.dll in.....

The other two applications seem 100% ok, but I have tested little.

Saludos

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2023, 02:49:58 am »
This latest 20230306 qt6webee does seem somewhat better here - AV1 files stop playing after a couple of seconds (VP9 are fine), but I have not had a single system hang after about an hour of trying videos on YouTube. It appears the video keeps streaming even after it stops showing (using the 'Stats for Nerds' display) and I have found that AV1 files that show a static image and play music continue to work to the end. Occasionally, I have even had the image briefly change after a freeze if I wait long enough. More progress!

Thanks Dave, my current thinking is that I'll try and build dav1d and its corresponding test suite - this means I'll have to try and get the meson build system working, but it may shed some light on what's going wrong for us...

Meanwhile, I'll proceed with trying to get QtWebengine 6.3.x building, as a stepping stone towards updating the Qt 6.5 which is due for release at the end of the month.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2023, 03:23:03 pm »
Tellie Ports
Heimer
Afaik there is the Qt6Coret.dll in.....
I get this error in the console,

Tue Mar  7 15:14:29 2023 [W] Failed to load Qt translations for 'es-ES'
Tue Mar  7 15:14:29 2023 [W] Failed to load application translations for 'es-ES'

The menus leave in Spanish, but when I want to write, the Spanish keyboard does not recognize me. I understand that it is the missing part in QT6.
For the rest perfect.
Saludos y gracias