Author Topic: Qt6 Application Testing  (Read 161368 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Qt6 Application Testing
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2023, 07:58:12 am »
Why did you comment out the check? I think you should add OS2 to the IFDEF clause preceding the check (I would assume that our close resembles the UNIX/LINUX close).

I did try that - we are indeed getting an EBADF error - so adding OS2 to the ifdef at Line 33 doesn't help.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2023, 10:46:38 am »
Can you enable the libc log and see what happens under the hoods ? It's either that Chromium tries to close file handles that have never been opened (judging from some Linux groups, quite a few apps are doing that or the libraries that they use and then, EBADF should indeed be ignored for good as you cannot make the distinction between good or bad) or the log will give a clue if the fd is completely out of bounds (indicating a programming error somewhere).

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2023, 12:19:28 pm »
I have caused it in two different computers.
The configuration that is best worked is 512MB Cache, single process unmark.
On the most modern computer I can't open YouTube. The rest works, but it is unstable. Especially when closing Tabs.
On the portable computer, I can open everything, everything works, sometimes I have to recharge some website,
But it is also unstable, but less.
Saludos

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2023, 07:17:09 am »
@Martin can we please add https://www.os2.kr/komh/testcase/dav1d_test.zip to post 1, as newer 6.3.2 builds need it.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2023, 07:41:26 am »
Perhaps you should also make the txt files from git dooble/Data available, especially the blocklist, dooble_accepted_or_blocked_domains.txt which really helps stability. Then Martin can add them to post #1

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2023, 11:52:11 am »
These are some errors of the console, on eBay.
But sometimes it works well, and on other occasions it fails. Yesterday I made a complete purchase and payment with PayPal, without problems. Only refres the window.
Code: [Select]
js: [Report Only] Refused to connect to 'https://cas.avalon.perfdrive.com/jsdata
?' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "connect
-src 'self' *.ebay.com *.ebay.es *.ebaystatic.com *.ebaystatic.es data: *.double
click.com *.doubleclick.net *.googlesyndication.com *.gstatic.com *.glance.net *
.adlightning.com www.google.com/recaptcha *.fontawesome.com *.adyen.com *.paypal
.com *.google-analytics.com *.googleapis.com wss://*.glance.net".

js: Exception in queued GPT command TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefin
ed (reading 'width')
js: [GPT] Exception in googletag.cmd function: TypeError: Cannot read properties
 of undefined (reading 'width').
js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://www.ebay.com/gss/v2' from origin 'https
://www.ebay.es' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request d
oesn't pass access control check: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Credent
ials' header in the response is '' which must be 'true' when the request's crede
ntials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLH
ttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.
It's all very irregular
saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2023, 10:40:05 pm »
Here I leave a file with a patch that is not worth anything, and that does nothing.
For all others, execute if they can in 3 different sessions of "two" the same
File name QW5.bas. Then start dooble.
From the QW4 version, they are the first two log and except files
And I begin to be lost.
If someone can understand better than me, then better.
I don't know how to interpret those mistakes.
saludos

Flashback

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2023, 11:33:16 pm »
Here I leave a file with a patch that is not worth anything, and that does nothing.
For all others, execute if they can in 3 different sessions of "two" the same File name QW5.bas. Then start dooble.
There are always people believing in voodoo or some other strange religion. As pointed out in the other thread, there is no way that a program running in a VDM can modify global properties of the OS/2 system. The only thing it can affect is the timing by invalidating memory pages used by the other processes. Also it can access physical memory between 640K an 1M when defined as MEM_EXCLUDE_REGIONS in DOS memory settings. Everything else is simply impossible. The effects you attribute to the program are either coincidence or something that would happen just by starting a VDM running an arbitrary program in it.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2023, 11:31:11 am »
Two discoveries for today:
1) On systems where dooble loads, but gets stuck loading a page - start it with 'dooble https://www.google.com' - the URL can be any valid URL. Here on two different machines, the URL loads and then subsequent sites/tabs also load
2) I cobbled together a local build of dav1d6.dll - based on the 1.2.0 source - download link is https://smedley.id.au/tmp/dav1d-1.2.0-os2-20230530.zip - It will be interesting to see how this compares to the previous build...

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2023, 11:50:48 am »
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 12:02:35 pm by Paul Smedley »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2023, 02:26:52 pm »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2023, 09:08:53 pm »
Hello Paul
I think it increases stability killing cupsd.exe
If someone else confirms it ...
saludos

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2023, 10:30:58 pm »
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the new Dooble and libdav1d! I tried the RPM version with the new Dooble, and everything works about the same as before - still get the system hangs and occasional silent exit, but all tests seem to work as before. I'll try the gcc12 version next...

Regards,

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2023, 11:04:57 pm »
  Thanks for the new Dooble and libdav1d! I tried the RPM version with the new Dooble, and everything works about the same as before - still get the system hangs and occasional silent exit, but all tests seem to work as before. I'll try the gcc12 version next...

I did a review of the dav1d code - I agree with Dave Yeo that AVX _shouldn't_ be being used on a 32bit platform. I did note some warnings from compiling the assembly, they should probably be cleaned up but I doubt they're causing the hangs.

re: silent traps - if you're still running my build of libcn0.dll - any TRP files with 'set EXCEPTQ=Z' might be interesting.

Cheers,

Paul

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 31, 2023, 01:24:33 am »
Paul,

This time I got 2 *.TRP files at a silent exit - this happened as soon as I typed in 'https://www.youtube.com' and it started to render. This is also with the gcc12 version of dav1d6.dll - this version in general seems to be a little bit more stable though ( I don't always get an exit with YouTube with this one, but I did this time).

If AVX is not the cause of system hangs, the only other thing that makes sense is Javascript. It is true that I get system hangs every once in a while when the system is sitting doing nothing, but the browser is open on some web page (like youtube), but mostly get hangs on busy websites with lots of video.It also happens very occasionally with the QT5 version of Dooble on those same sites.

Regards,