OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

WebSite / HTML editor - what do we have?

(1/4) > >>

Dariusz Piatkowski:
...as the title asks: what exactly do we have on our platform?

Dave Yeo ported Kompozer sometime back in 2018 I think...but tonight I just tried it and while it starts up it then completely dies. It is Mozilla based, the full set of DLLs comes with it, and well it looks like it's not quite compatible with our FF 45.9x release because I had apparently tried this before and ended up setting up a CMD that uses "SET LIBPATHSTRICT=T".

Is there anything else I can look at?

I have my VSE here, but that's all HTML code and I'd rather be lazy and do some WYSIWYG instead (I've got a couple of very simple index.html pages to build).

Dave Yeo:
Kompozer runs fine here using run!, Perhaps your cmd also needs set BEGINLIBPATH=.\. Also try redirecting output to see any other errors.
There's also SeaMonkey and its composer, which Komposer was based on. Hasn't had many updates in a long time but does what it does well.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Dave!

Thanks for the uber quic response to this!

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on February 02, 2023, 04:55:29 am ---Kompozer runs fine here using run!, Perhaps your cmd also needs set BEGINLIBPATH=.\. Also try redirecting output to see any other errors.
There's also SeaMonkey and its composer, which Komposer was based on. Hasn't had many updates in a long time but does what it does well.

--- End quote ---

Well, here is what I actually have in my CMD file:

--- Code: ---SET LIBPATHSTRICT=T
rem the following may be needed if another Mozilla based app is in LIBPATH
SET BEGINLIBPATH=G:\code\tools\kompozer
REM SET MOZILLA_HOME=<profile_path>
G:\code\tools\kompozer\kompozer.exe

--- End code ---

I've rarely utilized BEGINLIBPATH, so how should I use the ".\." that you mentioned in your post Dave?

I will try the runtime re-direct next to see what's actually going on...I suspect I am running into some DLL conflict?

Dave Yeo:
As I said, "set BEGINLIBPATH=.\."

--- Code: ---SET LIBPATHSTRICT=T
rem the following may be needed if another Mozilla based app is loaded
SET BEGINLIBPATH=.\.
REM SET MOZILLA_HOME=<profile_path>
G:\code\tools\kompozer\kompozer.exe 2>&1 | tee Kompozer.log

--- End code ---

Should do it. If it tries to update, stop it. Also make sure the current directory is G:\code\tools\kompozer\

Andi B.:
Not sure if the StarOffice included 'thing' qualifies for you as HTML editor. But long time ago I build one with it.

Of course today I would try out the Seamonkey included as SM already runs all day long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version