OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

ArcaOS 5.0.x OVA for VirtualBox

(1/2) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I was wondering how useful (or not) will be to provide an empty OVA (Open Virtual Appliance) file with the settings that ArcaNoae recommends on its site. This would be for the people wanting to run ArcaOS 5.0.x on VirtualBox 7.0.4 as a guest OS.

I had been talking with other community member to do the same thing for ArcaOS 5.1 in UEFI, but I guess we will have to wait for the 5.1 to go public.

Here I'm attaching an empty VirtualBox OVA with 40GBHDD, AHCI SATA, SB16, 4GB RAM, etc. 
What would you change on the OVA to make it more "user ready" for ArcaOS 5.0.x?

Regards

Neil Waldhauer:
I don't know how an OVA works, but I'll give it a try.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Neil

For people using VirtualBox on Windows, it is just as double clicking the .ova file and it will install the empty VM.

I just updated it with the "fixed" HDD image to save one reboot.

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I just updated the OVA trying to follow the recommendations for Arca Noae's page:
https://www.arcanoae.com/wiki/arcaos/installation-planning/virtual-machine-configuration/oracle-vm-virtualbox/

I'm open to suggestions, if someone wants to compare their VirtualBox host settings against the OVA file.

Regards

Neil Waldhauer:
I tried to open the OVA on my Windows computer, but it complained about invalid value WAS in AudioAdapter/@driver attribute on line  124.

Only then did I actually read the readme, and I'm trying to open with Virtual Box 6.1.42 and it needs Virtual Box 7.0.8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version