Author Topic: ArcaOS on Youtube @MichaelMJD  (Read 22599 times)

ivan

• View Profile
Re: ArcaOS on Youtube @MichaelMJD
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2023, 06:33:23 pm »
I just hope that official version 5.1 get released soon.

You mean there is an actual version  and it's not just wishful thinking.  We have been hearing about it for so long that I, for one, can't help wondering if it is just pie in the sky.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2023, 08:49:30 pm »
I just hope that official version 5.1 get released soon.

You mean there is an actual version  and it's not just wishful thinking.  We have been hearing about it for so long that I, for one, can't help wondering if it is just pie in the sky.

Yes, it is real and I used it in beta testing, but I don't want to comment it's features for respect to the developers. It is Arca Noae job to talk about it.

I want 5.1 to be over, since there are so many other needs for the platform.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2023, 02:10:52 am »
 Thank you Martin BUT it still leaves the question - will it run on my MSI B550-A PRO board with a Ryzen 3 Pro 4350G processor (third Generation)?

It would also be good public relations if one of those working on actually responded here and gave us some idea of their testing protocol.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2023, 04:26:18 am »
Hi Ivan, Arca Noae doesn't have infinite resources to test every combination of hardware along with BIOS's etc. There's a good chance it will work but you won't know if MSI made some weird decisions until you test.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2023, 10:18:54 am »
Hi David,

Right from the beginning of ArcaOS I offered to test anything they wanted but got a cold shoulder about it so now if it works of if it doesn't I just grumble about it here.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2023, 05:05:22 pm »
Hi David,

Right from the beginning of ArcaOS I offered to test anything they wanted but got a cold shoulder about it so now if it works of if it doesn't I just grumble about it here.

Hi Ivan

I don't speak for Arca Noae, but I think they don't have enough capacity to check for everyone to be on the "beta testers" group. 
But you don't need them to test everything you want, just test the hardware and publish here on the forum, we have each other.
I also found that a good level of respectful grumble is also good for everybody.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2023, 05:12:18 pm »
Thank you Martin BUT it still leaves the question - will it run on my MSI B550-A PRO board with a Ryzen 3 Pro 4350G processor (third Generation)?

It would also be good public relations if one of those working on actually responded here and gave us some idea of their testing protocol.

Hi Ivan

I don't understand your question. You already reported that the mainboard was working on ArcaOS 5.0.x (MSI B550-A Pro). Do you mean if ArcaOS 5.1 with UEFI support will work on it? I guess it will keep working there, but the migration path may be confusing if you want to turn UEFI mode on your BIOS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzB1VyK-qEc. We will have to wait until we have the final product on our hands.

Regards
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 05:22:05 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2023, 06:10:59 pm »
On 5.1 Louis said at Warpstock that it was ready to go just a few infrastructure things to do. Something must have happened that was a real show stopper. From my experience they do what they need to do to deliver a solid working product. The Support form Arca Noae is excellent.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2023, 06:58:48 pm »
Hi Martin,

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.  My question was about running that board in UEFI mode - I have proved it works in compatibility mode.  Yes, we have to wait but nothing appears to be happening after all the hype we were given at Warpstock which is why I said they need someone running their publicity that can report on this forum - they seem to be running everything on a shoestring which is not good for the future.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2023, 07:22:18 pm »
If it runs fine in CSM mode, it should run fine in UEFI mode.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2023, 10:33:31 pm »
Thanks Dave.  Why didn't the Arca publicity person say that?

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2023, 01:25:58 am »
Hi Martin,

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.  My question was about running that board in UEFI mode - I have proved it works in compatibility mode.  Yes, we have to wait but nothing appears to be happening after all the hype we were given at Warpstock which is why I said they need someone running their publicity that can report on this forum - they seem to be running everything on a shoestring which is not good for the future.

Do you think it was any different in the Mensys days ? These are 5 people working on ArcaOS at AN.
https://www.arcanoae.com/about/
Nothing new here. Its not a big company with seperate desks for marketing, development, support etc.

Roderick