OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

Virtualbox - LVM stopped working

(1/6) > >>

Glenn:
Hi all, I have my ArcaOS on VirtualBox, and everything was working fine, until yesterday when I saw that my second virtual HDD was not here anymore. I tried running LVM GUI, and nothing happened. Went to command line, and running the lvm command shows that it does not work anymore.. no idea why (maybe some INI cleanup at boot time that messed up an LVM-related setting?).
Has anyone experienced that problem ? If yes, how did you solve it?
Thanks for any help!

Andi B.:
Mini-LVM (from the System folder/icon), lvmgui (java based) or lvm??? cli version?

Glenn:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on February 09, 2023, 10:30:36 am ---Mini-LVM (from the System folder/icon), lvmgui (java based) or lvm??? cli version?

--- End quote ---
The ones I tried were mini-LVM from system folder icon and lvm on command line (the screenshot). Have not tried the java based. Is there any hope it would work when the others do not?

Andi B.:

--- Quote ---Is there any hope it would work when the others do not?
--- End quote ---
I don't think so, sorry. My question was because lvmgui need a working java environment while AFAIK Mini-LVM need some Rexx libraries.

Based on your comment I fear your problem is more fundamental. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas.

Remy:
Hum !

I got one time this kind of message and it was because lvm was already open by an other process not stopped...
Check running processes if this could help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version