OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

Virtualbox - LVM stopped working

<< < (6/6)

Glenn:
Well the problem has changed a bit today. My D drive is still inaccessible, but I could start the LVM, and somehow it appears that the D drive was renamed to E, but E being already taken, that cannot work...

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: Glenn on February 10, 2023, 05:44:07 pm ---And without touching anything, the system works again without problem - LVM starts (on command line and mini-LVM), the drive is recognized, etc.

This is far fetched, but this problem could it have a relationship with NetDrive? I noticed that it happened when my DHCP did not get an address, but when it does get one, then there is no problem. Either that is a pure coincidence, or there is something in the network that messes up the LVM, and I can only see NetDrive as a culprit..

--- End quote ---
Netdrive is not involved.

Roderick

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I have not experienced the issue with VirtualBox 7.0.6 yet.

Is it possible to reproduce the bug on VBox 7.0.4, 7.0.6?
Does it only applies for IDE, SATA or both?
Can we define what is the bug result, what is exactly happening to the virtual HDD drive?
 -- JFS0068: CHKDSK  Superblock gets corrupt ?

I want to see if we can have a repeatable bug procedure to report it on the ticket.

Regards

Alex Taylor:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on February 10, 2023, 08:07:06 am ---
--- Quote ---(FTR, MiniLVM doesn't use REXX at all.)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for clarification. Do you use standard PM windows programmed in C? With URE created resource files or manually edited text files? Just curious....

--- End quote ---

It's straight-up C and PM-OS/2 APIs. The resource files were originally created using dlgedit but are manually edited and maintained since.

I used a similar approach for LVMPM, although the main window is created programatically (and uses various custom controls): https://github.com/altsan/os2-lvmpm
(I really should get back to this program at some point, it currently lacks proper GPT support.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version