OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Printer with 'HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 Enhanced' - or better Brother MFC-J6955DW

<< < (3/3)

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Andi,

I've used a couple of Brother Postscript printers with my OS/2 setup over the years. Once I had the printer driver adjusted (by importing the PPD) all settings are available.

The models are:

1) OLD - HL1650
2) CURRENT - HL5470DW

The only issue/complaint I have is that with both of these printers, when printing from Lucide (PDF doc) I occasionally get a PScript error at the printer, meaning: instead of a page I get an error page print out of some sort of PScript error.

No problem, I print all my stuff using GSView.

Both of these Brother machines support PCL6 (in emulation), so I supposed one could always try that if the native BR-Script3 does not work.

Andi B.:
Thanks for the infos.

--- Quote --- instead of a page I get an error page print out of some sort of PScript error.

--- End quote ---
No clue what your error is but it reminds my on my problems with the Xerox 6xx?? I had long ago. The fix at that time was to hexedit pscript to not send this one failing PS command which my Xerox did not understand. Luckily PS errors usually get printed in readable text and so sometimes can be deciphered. Unfortunately this Xerox failed after a few years of flawless use with a mechanical failure. Btw. the reason why I switched to my current HP Officejet Pro X476dw. But now I also want A3 ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version